• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Young leader info

Rainbowg

Beginner (10+ posts)
Hello - I'm looking for a bit of help please. We've a 14 year old who is just finishing her D of E volunteering with our Rainbows and seems keen to stay on - but taking the step to uniform and promise is proving more difficult. We've our sleep over next weekend and I'd like to spend some time taking to her about it as the e-mail links I've sent via her mum don't seem to be doing the trick. With the senior section changes what is available to show her the YL syllabus, promise, uniform etc? I'm happy to print stuff off and make a pack if that's best?

you can download the Young Leader Qualification workbook, from looking at it, it has been updated a bit. there is a picture of the new uniform potentially on the website. part of the YLQ they have to make their promise. Have her working on the workbook then get her to get the uniform in September when it comes out.

Rainbowg

Beginner (10+ posts)
you can download the Young Leader Qualification workbook, from looking at it, it has been updated a bit. there is a picture of the new uniform potentially on the website. part of the YLQ they have to make their promise. Have her working on the workbook then get her to get the uniform in September when it comes out.
Thank you - I'll have a look :)

Rainbowg

Beginner (10+ posts)
What is the difficulty?
After completing her D of E volunteering she has not started wearing uniform, taken her promise or shown any signs of moving into a formal young leader role. I find that difficult for both how best to support her within Girlguiding - and also is she legally insured as she's not on the d of e scheme nor is she registered with Girlguiding in any way. She clearly enjoys the role and I'd like to help her formalise it.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
After completing her D of E volunteering she has not started wearing uniform, taken her promise or shown any signs of moving into a formal young leader role. I find that difficult for both how best to support her within Girlguiding - and also is she legally insured as she's not on the d of e scheme nor is she registered with Girlguiding in any way. She clearly enjoys the role and I'd like to help her formalise it.
Anyone who attends unit meetings is insured. Member or not, in uniform or not.

It would be wise to run off the info and talk options, so you can work up a plan between you which works for both her, and the unit.