• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Zooom!

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just seen the ad for Zooom! It looks fab!

I'm pleased to see that they're allowing a staggered start time, but it will still be an early start for us (though more doable than Pizzazz)!

I'm wondering whether to make an overnight of it - does anyone know of an approved venue nearby (ideally accessible by train)?

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
This looks really good, I will have to look into it. It's only an hour and a half away for us so easily doable in a day

cloud83

Rainbow, Brownie and Guide leader!!!
Thanks for the link Bagpuss :)

I heard something about this last night at our district meeting, but didnt know they were advertising it yet or what is was really (think i forgot to listen at that bit)! Looks good, I didnt take my girls to pizzazz but am really tempted to take them to this.

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
I just saw it on FB today :)

By coach it's just under 2 hours from us, it's a bit quicker by train but they don't go early enough to get us there by 10. Hopefully lots of people will want to come from district so we can share a coach and keep costs down :)

jessie-owl

Beginner (10+ posts)
Contact Somerset County for places to stay - let me know if you need an email...

We have a list of approved venues for residentials :)

Cathy

Veteran (100+ posts)
Anyone taken Rainbows to an event like this before? I must admit I am slightly wary because I know the girls tend not to be good with crowds/noise. When we did our centenary promise review a good number got upset because there were too many people and too much noise, and that was in a good sized area with just the district there!

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
Anyone taken Rainbows to an event like this before? I must admit I am slightly wary because I know the girls tend not to be good with crowds/noise. When we did our centenary promise review a good number got upset because there were too many people and too much noise, and that was in a good sized area with just the district there!
We took Rainbows to Pizazz and they loved it. The corwds didn't bother them, they just loved the choice of doing the activities they wanted to within their smaller groups. I would suggest making sure you have adults that they know lined up to support you and then go for it.

Otter

Guide and SS Leader
Found out about this on Saturday, because the region photographer has the logo on his shirt! Looks fab, my senior section are all very interested. We'll be looking to go by train I think (only a small group so should be quite easy).