Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow promise activities

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Rainbow promise activities

Hi I have two Rainbows to enroll next week so want to do some promise activites with the all the girls this week to remind them of the promise. Has anyone got any ideas for games etc. thought I might start my getting them to make a frame for their promise with jigsaw pieces but need same other activites to fill in .

beckysmith88 is offline Rainbow and Senior Section leader World Chief Guide (1000+) Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

i did this once, and i printed out the words, cut them out and stuck them to card so they were nice and sturdy. The girls were then given one each (or more if you don't have enough girls, or in pairs if you have more) and then they had to put them in order, so whoever thought they had the first word went first, and then the second etc which worked well

Archery 2000 Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 3

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,183 Times in 1,085 Posts

I did a similar thing with balloons (no allergies in my unit!) and then they were able to take the balloon home at the end!

Am sure I have more ideas somewhere - will check and post tomorrow.

beckysmith88 is offline Rainbow and Senior Section leader World Chief Guide (1000+) Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

we have also made a big poster together of what they think the promise meant, and although they were slow to start thinking of things and had to be prompted a bit, they got really into it and had some fab ideas like "helping a new person at school find their way around" and "teaching a new rainbow a game" and things... i then wrote them on a big piece of paper to be displayed in the hall.

Archery 2000 Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 3

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,183 Times in 1,085 Posts

We have also written the promise onto pieces of paper and held a kind of relay race to put the pieces into the correct order. This can be done in a variety of ways.

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beckysmith88 View Post
    we have also made a big poster together of what they think the promise meant, and although they were slow to start thinking of things and had to be prompted a bit, they got really into it and had some fab ideas like "helping a new person at school find their way around" and "teaching a new rainbow a game" and things... i then wrote them on a big piece of paper to be displayed in the hall.
    You could do that as a game too - Print out some simple scenarios (in a few words or as pictures/cartoons) of rainbows keeping and breaking their promise, and get them to sort out which ones are keeping the promise and which ones are them not keeping their promise, and get them to discuss why they put each one in each pile, and then you could ask them to think of a few more.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for your ideas, I have done relay promise game before and it went down quite well.so will maybe do it again. Have to go and cook tea now but will check posts again later so if you think of any more ideas please add them back soon sx

Liked 100 Times in 41 Posts

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Rainbow promise that can be coloured in? I know there are black and white versions around with big lettering and I could do with a copy I can print off rather than scan in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Rainbow promise to colour

I have a font on my computer called carnival which looks quite good when coloured, have a look and see what you think. You should be able to print it if it's what you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

it didn't work on my computer but there again i don't have word so i guess thats why....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast