Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diagram of where to place brownie badges?

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,306 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    2.14 MB

Default Diagram of where to place brownie badges?

is there one anywhere?
    This is going to sound stupid, but after nearly 3yrs of doing brownies, I've not once taken in where exactly badges go, it's always been someone else who's told new ones where to place them.

I've been asked by a family friend whose daughter has just been enrolled and she can't remember where she was told to place the badges and I'm now doubting myself cus I couldn't find anything that told me where exactly!

Is there an official diagram like there was when I was a brownie, (I've found that one but it's no good now!), or does anyone have one that they'd like to share?

Thanking in hope
    Browniebeth
    "There's still so much to learn, So many dreams to earn, but even if I crash and burn
    ten times a day,I think I'm here to stay, I'm gonna find my way"
    I'm a moderator for the forum. All moderator posts are made in blue, otherwise I'm just posting as a forum member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    862.8 KB

In the downloads section, there is brownie programme resources the 2nd page has badge positions. Hope this is correct and up to date - wouldn't know as I do little red ones

Blog Entries
    Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
    Total Downloaded

I thought Brownies could put their badges wherever they wanted to on their uniforms?
    (though I don't do screaming yellow things! lol)
    Last edited by Pompey_Ranger; 7th April 2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Just NICI 'Annabel'

QUILT SQUARES - The Project has gone on hold at the moment due to ill health and moving house. Badges (or refunds - where nessecary) will be sorted out after Easter. I am sorry for any problems this may cause and the delays.

Liked 504 Times in 212 Posts
    Total Downloaded

I dunno, but for us, on sashes, unit name goes across the shoulder, county silk goes either at the top, on the front of the sash or at the back, Six emblem goes under it (if at the front), or else at the top, and promise badge goes underneath or to the side of the Six emblem. Then, they put interest badges and Right To badges however they want, though most of our girls like to have the Right To badges running down the back of their sash, all locking into the next. We also special order Birthday badges for them, which go up by their Six Emblem/County Silk/promise badge.
    Not all the girls follow the placement for the silk/unit name, since we tell the girls, and they don't always remember, but as long as those badges are just at the top, we're not too fussy, but having county silk the right way up is always nice (Ours is a red rose, on black, the right way up is to have one point of green pointing up, and two points pointing down, so he's standing up properly, not on his head as we tell the girls!)

Yorkielass is offline Brownie Guider and soon to be Guide GIC Veteran (100+ posts) Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Blog Entries
    Liked 76 Times in 44 Posts
    Total Downloaded

There aren't set places on the sash - but we did a diagram as so many parents asked (not surprisingly!) what to do with them.
    Brownie Interest Badges available for direct/karma swaps here

Centenary badges: My Centenary Badge Collection

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,306 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    2.14 MB

thank you

Dolphin, I had a look at that, but it's just for sewing on gilets, which none of our girls have, they've always gone for the hoodie/fleece and sash...I've told my friend where I thought they went, but I didn't want to tell her wrong (she wears the same uniform as my lot do) if there was an official one

IvyN- thank you very much, that's almost exactly what I'd told her

Thank you for all your help everyone
    If anyone has a diagram to share, I wouldn't say no for the next time I doubt myself
    "There's still so much to learn, So many dreams to earn, but even if I crash and burn
    ten times a day,I think I'm here to stay, I'm gonna find my way"
    I'm a moderator for the forum. All moderator posts are made in blue, otherwise I'm just posting as a forum member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Total Downloaded

There is a sash placement for badges on the downloads pg 14! What we use for our newbies and parents
    Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

View my Badge Karma Swaps/Interest badge swaps

http://www.guiders.co.uk/showthread....d=1#post810610

Blog Entries
    Liked 3,276 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    2.43 MB

There are and should be no rules - they put them where they wish.

Liked 293 Times in 107 Posts
    Total Downloaded

We have downloaded a few pictures suggesting where badges can go, laminated the pictures so they last longer - with a sticker on the back saying "please return to Brown Owl"

We also show them our camp blankets and explain that they might like to start a blanket instead. Inevitably, they put the earned interest badges on the sash and the fun badges and sleepover ones onto their blankets

Fox is offline Brownie-induced madness The Master (7500+ posts) Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Liked 779 Times in 447 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    2.64 MB

There are no rules but we suggest that girls put the ones that show they "belong" (unit, county, Promise, Six) near the shoulder where they are more "on show" and then the ones they "achieve" (interest, challenge) down the front and then on the back.
    My Brownie Karma Swaps here.

Thinking of signing up with EasyFundraising? Click here for a referral bonus for our new Brownie unit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast