Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minibus fuel consumption

Liked 39 Times in 22 Posts

Default Minibus fuel consumption

I am organising a weekend residential that isnt local, we're likely to go about 200miles. How much have other people budgeted for minibus fuel per mile?
    "they say; a pessimist sees a glass of water as half empty, an optimist sees the same glass as half full but a giving person looks for someone who's thirsty."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

At school they charge us .80p per mile but i'm not sure how accurate that is as the price of fuel has gone up but the charge hasn't
    Jane

Liked 304 Times in 190 Posts

if my maths work out fuel aprox 1.20 PR LTR X4.5 =5.40 per gallon allowing for 30 miles /gallon ( rubbish bus and bad driver) works out @ 5.40p X 200/30 = aprox 7 gallons to do 210 miles = aprox 38 for the journey all rounded up
    so that works out about 19p per mile
    I only went to teach first aid then they found I had been in navy and could tie knots and sew and cook in and out doors and, and, and ??? I was lumberd some one has moved the exit door I cant find the way out
    reached 65 Found the Exit door but people still keep closeing it when I get to it

I'm a moderator for the forum. If you have a problem contact me or a fellow mod (our names are in blue) - when we're online our lights are green

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    if my maths work out fuel aprox 1.20 PR LTR X4.5 =5.40 per gallon allowing for 30 miles /gallon ( rubbish bus and bad driver) works out @ 5.40p X 200/30 = aprox 7 gallons to do 210 miles = aprox 38 for the journey all rounded up
    so that works out about 19p per mile
    30mpg sounds high to me, so I've just been searching Google. This may be of interest: http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186765

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

We have used minibuses in the past for camps etc and work on 20 miles to the gallon so 10 gallons of fuel will do 200 miles, depending on how much a litre, about 50 - 60 pounds in total for fuel.

Liked 304 Times in 190 Posts

I was gong on ambulance mpg for a simular vehicle allowing extra mpg for not flying round at 85 mph all day
    I only went to teach first aid then they found I had been in navy and could tie knots and sew and cook in and out doors and, and, and ??? I was lumberd some one has moved the exit door I cant find the way out
    reached 65 Found the Exit door but people still keep closeing it when I get to it

I'm a moderator for the forum. If you have a problem contact me or a fellow mod (our names are in blue) - when we're online our lights are green

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,100 Posts

It'd be so much easier if we stopped faffing about with silly antiquated measurements, and used metric. Fuel is sold in litres, so saying how many km/L a vehicle does would make it so much easier for working out fuel allowances. I switch my speedo into metric to see how many litres, rather than gallons of fuel my car has used when putting in a claim for fuel
    Monolingualism can be cured

White Rose Camp 1998, Belarus 2001, Intr@net 2003, Essex Jamboree 2004, World Scout Jamboree 2007, Flamboree 2009, Ultimate Tall Ships 2010, Centenary Camp 2010, Ultimate Morocco 2010, Charnwood 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jennthefunkyranger View Post
    It'd be so much easier if we stopped faffing about with silly antiquated measurements, and used metric. Fuel is sold in litres, so saying how many km/L a vehicle does would make it so much easier for working out fuel allowances. I switch my speedo into metric to see how many litres, rather than gallons of fuel my car has used when putting in a claim for fuel
    In principle, I agree - but I don't think any of the election manifestos included a pledge to change all our road signs into km, which would probably be necessary for km/l to be widely adopted...

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,100 Posts

It is something the EU wants us to do, though, so as long as UKIP don't get in it could well happen still. Also, residential area and motorway speed limits would be ever so slightly higher because of the conversion
    Monolingualism can be cured

White Rose Camp 1998, Belarus 2001, Intr@net 2003, Essex Jamboree 2004, World Scout Jamboree 2007, Flamboree 2009, Ultimate Tall Ships 2010, Centenary Camp 2010, Ultimate Morocco 2010, Charnwood 2011

Crazy Chess Champion!
    Blog Entries
    Liked 1,897 Times in 1,297 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainScarlet View Post
    30mpg sounds high to me, so I've just been searching Google. This may be of interest: http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186765
    I'd say 30 miles to gallon is high too - wish our car did that (and mini bus is bigger) but could do calculations on 20 miles to gallon and you'd probably be not far off?
    Love is something if you give it away you'll end up having more
    Volunteers do not get paid. Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast