Thread: getting to know you games

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Talking getting to know you games

I am back at brownies on Thursday and hopefully I will have sme new brownies starting I wanted to do some games so the girls can get to know the other girls in our group any ideas please

I am going to play human bingo, find your partner and the sisters game

Thanks

Pinboliada Champion!
    Blog Entries
    Liked 397 Times in 266 Posts

you could get a football and throw the ball in a circle by a brownie shouting another brownie's name.
    Voted "Best daftest question" at G2G7
    Voted "Best Geocache Leader" at G2G
    www.yorkie67.blogspot.com - my Cochlear Implant story

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

we play a name game that always goes down well........ divide the girls into two teams, two leaders hold a blanket with each team on either side, a girl from each team approaches the blanket(at this point they can not see the other team or the girl on the opposite side of the blanket), leaders drop the blanket the two girls are left face to face and has to say the person they are facing name, the girl that shouts the name first gets a point for their team.

another game we play involves the girls sat in a circle, one girl becomes the detective and leaves the room, another is then choosen to exit the group and hide behind our big curtain, the detective then comes back and has to identify who is missing (this only works in meeting places that have somewhere to hide one girl and another for the detective to wait.

Liked 983 Times in 518 Posts

people bingo
    make a grid with various things like 'visited a zoo over the summer', 'if left handed', 'goes to ___ school' etc
    girls have to wander around and get a signiture for each box
    Bumblebee (was snowyowl but changed!)

Liked 110 Times in 69 Posts

it is not a game but you sit in a circle and pass toilet roll round and get the girls to take as many bits as they want but dont tell them what it is for then for each bit of paper they have to tell that many facts about them selves
    nothing

no job, no unit, just sewing

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,965 Times in 1,540 Posts

We've used the Broom Handle game - one person stands in the middle of the circle holding a broom handle upright. She calls out a name and lets go - the person names tries to grab it before it lands on the floor. The girls are not allowed to call out the same name twice . . .

We've also had girls introduce themselves with a quality - e.g. beautiful Belinda, Careful Catherine, Solemn Sarah, etc . . . makes names so much more memorable!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jelly babies game, pass a bag of jelly babies or any other sweets that have different colours, ask the girls to choose 4 each but not to eat them.
    then for each colour have a category ie red - what school they go to, green - family, orange - favourite hobby, yellow - age, purple - favourite food etc (so can adapt)
    they then go around and say ine thing for each colour they have, then they get to eat the sweets - always popular!!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

polo game!Everyone sit in a circle
    1st Brownie turns to Brownie on one side and says "hello my name is............... would you like a polo?
    2nd Brownie either" yes please or no thank you", then turns to next Brownies and says " hello, my name is................and this ( Brownie who has just given her a polo) is......... would you like a polo?

Continue round the circle and of course the names get more and more as you go round and the Brownies introduce themselves and their neighbours to each other. It's good fun if you have a Guider who is not very good at names sitting as the final person to take part and is quite a test! Our girls really enjoy it and you soon learn names!

I live in a small village in north Wiltshire
    Liked 90 Times in 44 Posts

Turn the circle. this is more difficult to describe than to do. Stand all the girls in a big circle putting the guiders in at intervals. One guider steps inside the circle and shakes hands with the girl on her left (lets call her A with B, C, and D, further round) saying "Hello I'm ______. Guider then shakes hands with B and as soon as she has done so A follows also shaking hand with B who then joins the line to shake hands with C and so on until the guider gets back to where she started from and drops back into her place in the circle and has her hand shaken by A, B, C etc. who also rejoin the circle and so on until everyone is back in place having said hello to everyone else. My Brownies always get the giggles playing this.