Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter crafts/activities inspiration for Brownies

Liked 247 Times in 190 Posts
    Total Downloaded

Default Easter crafts/activities inspiration for Brownies

For my Rainbows, I'm going to top up what we did last year and replace the odd thing with something new.

My main mental block is what to do with the Brownies. Already thought of making a card (which they'll probably do in school as well). Looking for something slightly different as the main activity.

For the other bits, looking at doing a Kim's game with Easter related pictures (need to get some clip art for that, which shouldn't be a problem) and also a quiz of some description. Both of which could be used in both Rainbows and Brownies as there'll be a bit of overlap.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Total Downloaded

We're doing the Easter Badge Challenge, badges are great and it's looks fab to do, and making the Easter Bonnet part into a competition where they all bringing in their bonnets on the last evening of the term to be judged by past leaders!

We also used this badge for inspiration for a Distrct Craft afternoon in a couple of weeks - most of the units have bought the badges too

Liked 459 Times in 284 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    6.59 MB

we get the girls to bring in a hard boiled egg and things that they want to decorate it with ( we also have lots of spare craft stuff for them to use ) and then we have a competition to see which is the best and they win an easter egg (make sure you take a few spare eggs as someone always drops theirs)

Liked 748 Times in 467 Posts
    Total Downloaded

we are doing flannel bunnies and lollipop flowers (links below) and they have to hunt for tokens for the egg and lollipop to make them with !

This is one of the flannel bunny links, can't find the other one now as I printed it out and didn't bookmark it, but if you google them you'll find more.
    http://www.craftbits.com/project/face-washer-bunny

easter lollipop lily.pdf
    leaf.pdf

Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    9.24 MB

You can't beat a good old Easter Egg hunt!
    This year we are hiding mini foil wrapped eggs and some plactic eggs that have toys in (both purchased from Baker Ross)

Blog Entries
    Liked 3,362 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    2.43 MB

We sometimes make Easter baskets from thin pastel card - they get some shredded tissue and a chocolate egg to to in it.

Hilary is offline Guide Guider and District Commissioner Veteran (100+ posts) Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Liked 667 Times in 315 Posts
    Total Downloaded

Easter bonnets are effective - Chocolate digestive biscuit, Chocolate teacake (the marshmallow kind), stick together with a bit of ribbon and a few sugar flowers. Very effective but doesn't take long. Or you could use a rich tea biscuit or party ring with an ordinary marshmallow.

Also creme egg animals - I'm sure you can google them

Liked 290 Times in 210 Posts
    Total Downloaded

Last year I know we did easter bonnets, this year I am not sure what we are doing but I like the look of the bunnies

Liked 247 Times in 190 Posts
    Total Downloaded

I like the Easter egg hunt - could look at doing a modified version as won't have time to hide all the eggs as only got 15 minutes after the end of the Rainbow meeting and before Brownies start. Should explain that I do both units, also the two women who run Rainbows with me also have a daughter in Brownies as well, so have limited 'hiding' time/scope.

I could change it to having card eggs round the room and have a quiz/trail around it. Do something for the Rainbows then modify the questions for the Brownies. On the egg side that's face down have pictures/answers to the questions. The Rainbows can then answer the questions and the Brownies go round in their sixes.

Also found a lily that looks fairly easy to make - especially as we've got lots of pipe cleaners in the Brownie cupboard that I found on the clear/sort out.

bekky is offline Assistant Brownie Guider & SS Veteran (100+ posts) Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by sandra 100 View Post
    we get the girls to bring in a hard boiled egg and things that they want to decorate it with ( we also have lots of spare craft stuff for them to use ) and then we have a competition to see which is the best and they win an easter egg (make sure you take a few spare eggs as someone always drops theirs)
    Just seen these... http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/dyeving-dudes-1002013/ , there is more ideas for egg decorating too.
    Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast