Thread: Drayton Manor

bagpuss is offline Dursley District Guider & Commissioner World Chief Guide (1000+) Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Liked 451 Times in 238 Posts

Default Drayton Manor

Has anyone done Drayton Manor with Brownies? I'm contemplating it but not sure whether it would be more for Guides. I know we took Guides there about 3 years ago and I took my then 3 year old but she was in the kiddy bit which is obviously too small for Brownies. I didn't get to see much of the rest of the park.

Your thoughts would be good if you've been with Brownies (or indeed with family and have an opinion!)

Thanks
    Avid badge collector? Click here to find out what we have for sale. www.girlguidingbadges.co.uk
    NEW!!!! Keep up to date with our latest badges on our Facebook page Facebook Page

Signing up to EasyFundraising? Click here and our Guide unit will benefit too. Easyfundraising Referral

My Brownie Karma swaps list: Karma Swaps

Blog Entries
    Liked 2,205 Times in 991 Posts

We've been to Alton Towers with Brownies and to be honest, I wish we'd gone to Drayton Manor- we go most years as a family and it is much more family friendly than Alton Towers

My brownie aged sister loves it...however her twin brother is more dare devilish and is tall enough at 9yrs to go on all the scary rides like apocalypse!! But there is plenty to do outside of Thomas Land, which you might think is a bit young, but some rides are still popular with us- like the troublesome trucks

Splash Canyon (1m)/Storm Force (1.2m), Drunken Barrels, Cable Cars, flying dutchman and Ben 10 are favourites with us....but I hate Ben 10 ride and some of your smallest will not be tall enough, but still may well enjoy some things in Thomas Land or the Carousel.
    "There's still so much to learn, So many dreams to earn, but even if I crash and burn
    ten times a day,I think I'm here to stay, I'm gonna find my way"
    I'm a moderator for the forum. All moderator posts are made in blue, otherwise I'm just posting as a forum member

bagpuss is offline Dursley District Guider & Commissioner World Chief Guide (1000+) Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Liked 451 Times in 238 Posts

Thanks Beth, I was toying with Alton Towers as well but I thought that was too grown up for them with more that they wouldn't be able to go on (height restrictions, etc).
    Avid badge collector? Click here to find out what we have for sale. www.girlguidingbadges.co.uk
    NEW!!!! Keep up to date with our latest badges on our Facebook page Facebook Page

Signing up to EasyFundraising? Click here and our Guide unit will benefit too. Easyfundraising Referral

My Brownie Karma swaps list: Karma Swaps

Liked 240 Times in 139 Posts

i have taken brownies and they did abit of the kiddy bit and some of the others they really enjoyed it.

Liked 188 Times in 80 Posts

lots of the 'bigger' rides at Drayton manor's are for 1.2m and bigger so it would be one of the best parks for Brownies I'd say.
    If in doubt, papier mache !

Liked 137 Times in 52 Posts

I just took my son for his 8th birthday, with 2 friends. They went on most of the rides (including the Thomas Land ones!). Its good because there is a lot for that kind of age range. There are also lots of places to sit for lunch. Public transport is limited though!
    Someone tell me why???
    Thinking of using easyfundraising?
    http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/referral/12090

Liked 304 Times in 190 Posts

been most years with our brownies untill recently (new brown owl) all rides are close together so no massive hikes. not so big Qs
    then there is the zoo haunted manor pirate cave thing for a quiet ride, boat rides always seems to be lots of guides and brownies there when we have been
    Kids loved it
    I only went to teach first aid then they found I had been in navy and could tie knots and sew and cook in and out doors and, and, and ??? I was lumberd some one has moved the exit door I cant find the way out
    reached 65 Found the Exit door but people still keep closeing it when I get to it

I'm a moderator for the forum. If you have a problem contact me or a fellow mod (our names are in blue) - when we're online our lights are green

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I have taken a small group, about 8 I think, they really enjoyed it but I can't say I did especially. Too much time queueing for some of the bigger rides and difficult when they all want to go on different rides, some liked the quieter ones and some the big ones. I guess I think it's the sort of place that is better with guides when they can go off on their own, or perhaps if you have lots of leaders and can split into groups according to who wants to do what. That said it is a nice theme park, not too big and plenty for that age group to do.