Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter help re bag packing

Liked 461 Times in 246 Posts
    Total Downloaded

Default Letter help re bag packing

Hi all,

I made enquiries at our local supermarket in the week about doing a bag packing session and they said I have to make the request in writing. Trouble is I've no idea what to write. Can anyone help me out at all. Obviously I need to make the initial request and perhaps suggest a few available dates but what else?

Answers on a postcard too...

Thanks
    Anne
    Avid badge collector? Click here to find out what we have for sale. www.girlguidingbadges.co.uk
    NEW!!!! Keep up to date with our latest badges on our Facebook page Facebook Page

Signing up to EasyFundraising? Click here and our Guide unit will benefit too. Easyfundraising Referral

My Brownie Karma swaps list: Karma Swaps

Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
    Total Downloaded

I sent a letter (as requested) to our local Asda last May and am still waiting to hear back!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    2.14 MB

Just explain who you are, why you want to do it, if the funds are for anything in particular. No point suggesting dates as they'll give you what they want to give you. If you write to the local store directly then it's best to follow up with a phone call. It will take them ages as they get 100s of requests. Good luck!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Total Downloaded

Heya
    I sent a letter off the other day to our local morrisons and we have been successful we have been given the opportunity to bag pack the whole weekend.
    In my letter i basically said that we are a new brownie group , in the process of opening up a new guide group... we need help with the start up costs and girls have asked about bag packing. I also added in that one of our brownie mums works at the store. I explained that girls would be fully supervised and that each girl will have a pot on each check out which will be emptied every hour by leader in charge.
    Got a phone call friday to say we have been successful and we will be doing bag packing on the 21st march and 22nd march. x

Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    1.37 MB

we did it 3 years ago with guides, the GIC was an employee at the time so she made sure we got a reply.
    it was REALLY worth while we raised 120 plus we collected thoose Schools vouchers and managed to get, circus skills equipment, uni hock equip, cooking equipment, footballs, walky talkies and 6 lumanesant vests.

write them a letter and just keep phoning untill you get a reply.
    Batty Bird

it aint what you do .... it's the way that you do it .... and that's what gets results.

http://1stnorthbrookbrownies.moonfruit.com/#

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    3.85 MB

I am very lazy, can anyone provide a letter so I can just alter the details?!? We really want to raise money for a flag and we are half way there!

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    1.58 MB

I thought this might make a few people laugh, becasue I did.

I have bag packed with my Guide unit for the past 3 years at the local Morrisons, and they have been great. This year I am taking 6 guides to Amsterdam as part of a NWE Regional event. So I wanted to do a second bag pack especially for this event, so that the other can go towards helping everyone go to our Centenary camp next year.

So I tried the local Sainsburys. I got a message on my answerphone to phone them back on a certain day after a certain time. And, well I almost fell off my chair when I phoned them. They said that they had had complaints from customers that the people doing the bag packing shouldn't benifit from the money they raise!

I mean, why else would you do it! Lets all stand there for hours and give the money to someone else!

So then I tried ASDA, and they said they are currently not accepting groups for bag packing as they are trying to reduce the amount of bags that people use.

Thank goodness for Morrisons.

Liked 461 Times in 246 Posts
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    So then I tried ASDA, and they said they are currently not accepting groups for bag packing as they are trying to reduce the amount of bags that people use.
    Surely you can just pack their reused bags and bags for life and the like!
    Avid badge collector? Click here to find out what we have for sale. www.girlguidingbadges.co.uk
    NEW!!!! Keep up to date with our latest badges on our Facebook page Facebook Page

Signing up to EasyFundraising? Click here and our Guide unit will benefit too. Easyfundraising Referral

My Brownie Karma swaps list: Karma Swaps

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Total Downloaded

I suggest you find out the name of the person in store who deals with charatys etc and write to them then phone to check they recieved the letter. Thats what works at our store.

Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
    Total Downloaded
    1.37 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyOwl View Post
    I am very lazy, can anyone provide a letter so I can just alter the details?!? We really want to raise money for a flag and we are half way there!
    he he he yes that is lazy , sorry i dont have a letter . wy not ask the girls to write a letter ? !
    Batty Bird

it aint what you do .... it's the way that you do it .... and that's what gets results.

http://1stnorthbrookbrownies.moonfruit.com/#

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast