• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Calendars - need inspiration

jennischumann

RainbowJenni
GuiderPlus
I'm planning on making calendars at our next Rainbows meeting - I've got the calendar bit to stick on, but need some inspiration on what to make to stick them on to - something that doesn't involve paper plates, as we did that last year!

Any suggestions?

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
A few years ago I found templates for a goldfish bowl and fish. My version adds ferns. I used blue card for the 'water', yellow overlay for the 'bowl', added orange fish and ferns. Calendar tab sits on the bottom. If interested, I will dig it out, scan the shapes (at work) and send it to you.

kingfisherblue

Veteran (100+ posts)
What about an A4 sheet of card, divided into four, showing a tree in each of the different seasons? The tab could be added to the bottom. For Spring, the girls could stick small pieces of screwed up green tissue paper onto the tree, to resemble buds. Add leaves for Summer. Autumn could show orange and brown leaves, not as plentiful on the tree, but with a couple mid air and some on the ground. Leave the branches bare for Winter, but maybe add a sliver of cotton wool on the branches and a bit on the ground, for snow. You can just use a bare tree template for each section and the girls can decorate.

molly

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
We have done this - we also put small bits of pink/white tissue for blossom in the spring. I made a cut out template so the girls painted the tree on the card first.

What about an A4 sheet of card, divided into four, showing a tree in each of the different seasons? The tab could be added to the bottom. For Spring, the girls could stick small pieces of screwed up green tissue paper onto the tree, to resemble buds. Add leaves for Summer. Autumn could show orange and brown leaves, not as plentiful on the tree, but with a couple mid air and some on the ground. Leave the branches bare for Winter, but maybe add a sliver of cotton wool on the branches and a bit on the ground, for snow. You can just use a bare tree template for each section and the girls can decorate.

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
I'm planning on making calendars at our next Rainbows meeting - I've got the calendar bit to stick on, but need some inspiration on what to make to stick them on to - something that doesn't involve paper plates, as we did that last year!

Any suggestions?
picture of themselves as a rainbow?

or trees in different seasons? so blossom, green, apples, bare (so A4 sheet of card split into 4 for the different seasons?)

or could let girls make lots of decisions for themselves and decide for themselves what they'd like to put on the calendar? just give them a4 sheet card, craft bits and bobs and pens? could be their family, their house, their pet, anything that way

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
we've been doing this at school this week with year 1 :) they look brilliant!