• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Changing section and becoming GiC

Cat

Assistant Rainbow and Brownie Guider
I need to do module 1 (for senior section) and module 4. But I am not sure how doing module 4 will work as the new module 4 seems to include things that I did in the old module 3 (like accounts) will I have to do that and get it signed all over again?

I hope i've made sense.

jim

GuiderPlus
If you have had accounts signed off once get them signed off again
you have the proof so there should be no problem

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I need to do module 1 (for senior section) and module 4. But I am not sure how doing module 4 will work as the new module 4 seems to include things that I did in the old module 3 (like accounts) will I have to do that and get it signed all over again?

I hope i've made sense.
Best to ask your Dc or mentor to find out. You may need to 'do' the module, but if you can show you did it already, then you can use Prior Learning'. Are you a GiC of another unit. If so, then that should negate the need for module 4.

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Best to ask your Dc or mentor to find out. You may need to 'do' the module, but if you can show you did it already, then you can use Prior Learning'. Are you a GiC of another unit. If so, then that should negate the need for module 4.
I checked with my tutor, if you are not a GiC now, then you will need to do module 4 as it is under the new scheme.

Cat

Assistant Rainbow and Brownie Guider
thanks dawn, anyone know if I have to have a guider in my unit who has module 4 or does working on it count.

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
thanks dawn, anyone know if I have to have a guider in my unit who has module 4 or does working on it count.

As units start up with pre-warrant Guiders, I would say working on it should count. Make sure you have a support contact to help out if you get stuck with the accounts.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Cat you def don't need anyone with Mod 4 - i only have a pre warrant but am becoming GiC in sept, and our one warranted guider doesn't have mod 4.