• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Clear baubles (that don't come apart)

fuzz

just fuzz =D
I need your help, trusty Guiders!

I'm looking for transparent baubles, but not the type that come apart to fill. It doesn't matter so much what they are made of, just that they are seam-free.

So far, the only ones I've found that aren't ridiculously pricey are these, but I am limited to searching online at the moment. Has anybody seen any in the 'real world' at all? It would be hugely appreciated if folks could keep an eye out.

Thanks =]

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
have you tried a google search with "baubles to decorate" (as opposed to using "clear baubles" for your search) - it comes up with a few more choices, but most of them appear to be coloured rather than clear :(

will keep eyes peeled in wilkinsons and the like for you

fuzz

just fuzz =D
have you tried a google search with "baubles to decorate" (as opposed to using "clear baubles" for your search) - it comes up with a few more choices, but most of them appear to be coloured rather than clear :(
Ah, just when I thought I had exhausted every search term possible! I'll have a go with that, thank you.

will keep eyes peeled in wilkinsons and the like for you
If you're out and about that would be great, thank you =]

The Range might have some. Do you have one close by? I'll have a look in the one here today or tomorrow if not.
I thought The Range might be a good bet, but they don't have much of a website. If you're going that way then that would be fantastic, thank you. Our nearest is just far enough away to not be worth a fruitless journey.

kathrynha

Veteran (100+ posts)
I got some the other year from hobbycraft. Pack of 12 (I think) glass ones. Cant remember how much but I do remember thinking at the time that they were reasonably cheap.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
I was looking a few days ago and found some on ebay from the states. I think they worked about 80p each but I didn't look at the postage.Not a lot of help sorry.

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
just had an idea?

if you can't find any suitably priced clear ones, you know those clear ones that come apart so you can put something inside them? (they work out something like 33p each from bakerross?) if you didn't want them to come apart, could you perhaps pva glue them together and just let the glue dry before using them?

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
The Range has them. 99p for round, plastic ones or £1.20 for glass, err not round ones. The not-round ones are kida pointy at the top/bottom, fatter round the middle.

fuzz

just fuzz =D
Thanks all, it does seem they are hard to come by this year (and it's hardly out of season!).

Gluing the splittable ones could work, though the main reason for wanting ones that don't come apart is aesthetics - the seam would lessen the effect we're after.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I bought some in Wilkinson the other year. No idea if they have then this year. They weren't boxed up, but were sold individually. I don't know if they'd have them this year though...

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

StarOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Home Bargains had these today, pic is dreadful but they are clear baubles, large ones, with glitter or confetti stuff inside. 79p each. X