• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Idea! Colin the Corgi Royal Wedding Wide Game

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Cant wait to do this with the Rainbows, weve brought lots of the stuff for it from Crafty Crocodile and got some lovely boxes for the favour boxes, and gems for them to decorate it with.

My last part i need to work out is the flower hole, as i dont think my girls could manage the one in the wide game. Any one any ideas? they have about 10 mins to do it.

Cant wait

Cant wait to do this with the Rainbows, weve brought lots of the stuff for it from Crafty Crocodile and got some lovely boxes for the favour boxes, and gems for them to decorate it with.

My last part i need to work out is the flower hole, as i dont think my girls could manage the one in the wide game. Any one any ideas? they have about 10 mins to do it.

Cant wait
funky foam flower with pipe cleaner stem? the girls can decorate with felts?

Cloudy Owl

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
You're all very welcome! I think it's great that the time I spent writing it has been repaid many times over by others who can use it too!

I wasn't sure anyone else would be interested ........!

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
oh we've altered a few things as we're camping so we're not touching anything with food but we've come up with the following:

making a table decoration
design a wedding dress out of black and white bin liners
making a UK Flag out of beads
making bertie bead out of hama/wooden beads - all hama beads are red, white and red (at the moment picking them out of a big box!)
doing a friendship bracelet out of white, red, blue
and a camp chant of the wedding too

think there's one more but can't remember so it should fill a good night activity on Friday at the camp!

Love this - I'm also using some of the Activity Village print outs - paper dolls with wedding dresses and decorate the cake. Making tiaras with glitter card from tesco!

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
I love this, there are some really nice ideas, will be changing slightly to fit in with time scales.

Thanks so much for posting this

Jane Thin

Veteran (100+ posts)
Our local cake shop has agreed to lend me one of their 'fake' 3 teir wedding cakes to put on display when our Unit does this challenge :)
(and I managed to get several of those posters that newsagents put outside the shop, advertising what the headline is in their paper - I am going to have fun writing out 'Colin' headlines to display outside the hall for when brownies arrive (and perhaps a replacement 'Brownies save Royal Wedding' one to put up at the end of the evening :) :)

littleowllou

Veteran (100+ posts)
Have spent the last 2 evenings doing our modified version of the challenge with 2 brownie units , they all loved it. It was great! (bit tired now) They were all saying they were going to wear their flowers and some said their tiaras for the school parties!
Oh and our GIC was taking it into school for her class to maybe try bits of

Cloudy Owl

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
Wow! Colin has really been useful!

I'm in the process of writing another one for the Diamond Jubilee next year, adn my daughter has suffested a different take on the Olympics ... watch this space!

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
wow this was brilliant for my Rainbows.

We decorated buns, Made place lables with funky foam hearts, decorated keyrings from crafty crocodile, decorated papermache favour boxes with gems (and magic ment that a pack of love hearts appeared) played the nest and Jewel games.

We finished with a party lunch, where we all sat together and had wedding cake bubbles, and favour bags with the badge from badge freaks in it with some sparkley bits.

It was brilliant the girls and leaders all loved it!

Please please please make more!