• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Idea! Cross Stitch

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Rach!!!!

You're a star.... I do cross-stitching too! And I do have a software for x-stitching but it's ancient at the moment!!!!

Don't really find the time to do it... I'm supposed to finish the Man Utd logo off - it's been in my box for 2 years and I've also got more kit to do - the Leeds/Liverpool Canal, The yorkshire ridings etc and something else. It took me 5 years to do the Noah's Ark!

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
These are great. We have just thought about doing cross stich with the Guides for a display we have to do at the end of term. We were thinking of a smaller canvass than that though. Have you any smaller pictures that would be suitable?

RachaelVenters

GiC, Brownies and Assistant to DC
Bagpuss - Any theme? What size?

If you want them smaller you can do them as petit point works (kinda mini tapestry - see wikipedia for more info) would workout about half the size but is a bit fiddly!

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
The spare squared material we have has been cut to about 6 or 7 inches wide and is the really big aida count, I should think probably about only 4 or 5 to an inch. It's left overs from school, one of our Guiders is a teacher. So we'd need something perhaps about 25 count square as a maximum. Not sure if that's doable for any of the Guiding things but it would be fab if it was. Any Guiding theme would be fine, just so long as it's Guide related, rather than Brownies/Rainbows. I think I might have a go at the 100 logo one though. That's great.

Thanks for trying to help
Anne

Tina Tulip

Rainbow Guider, Division Commisioner
Wow! Just seen this! LOVE the Centenary one! Would be a very impressive centre piece to our unit centenary blanket, surrounded by lots of 5 and 6 year old decorated hand shapes! Think I may have to put my current project on the back burner!

Have you tried stitching the centenary logo yourself? Was thinking of 14 count aida or the equivalent of evenweave (not sure what's in my box) any ideas how big that works out?

RachaelVenters

GiC, Brownies and Assistant to DC
Not made any if them yet, just was playing around with the programme. I hope to be able to assemble them into a centenary sampler - buying fabric today for it as I have designed a border (a written time line of guiding) and going to get everyting else to fit inside it even if it means petit point or micro cross stitch!

girlyguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not made any if them yet, just was playing around with the programme. I hope to be able to assemble them into a centenary sampler - buying fabric today for it as I have designed a border (a written time line of guiding) and going to get everyting else to fit inside it even if it means petit point or micro cross stitch!
Love the idea of the Guiding Time Line!......could I be cheeky and ask what you're putting on it...? :)

girlyguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I was thinking of doing a Centenary sampler with all the old Promise badges on it, but still struggling to find decent pictures of them to use. Thanks for the Centenary logo - think it'll now be the centre of my sampler! :D

mariag

brownie brown owl
i have already made my wee mee in to a chart using a cross stitch pattern creator i have installed on my comp-

not stitched it up yet tho