• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Idea! Cross Stitch

RachaelVenters

GiC, Brownies and Assistant to DC
Love the idea of the Guiding Time Line!......could I be cheeky and ask what you're putting on it...? :)
The dates and bits from the GGUK "Our History" bit... like "1910 - Guiding Association formed" up to "1987 - Rainbows, for girls aged 5 to 7, started". There was too much to put on so had to pick out the main events (ege section start years and WAGGGS forming etc)!

RachaelVenters

I think I might have a go at making a chart for myself, what software do you use for your charts? I did have one a long time ago, I think it was called PCstitch, but it was only a free download and I couldn't save or print properly from it.
It was a cheap CD-rom that we got thrown in with a package when buying a PC. The full title is: Jane Greenoff's Cross Stitch Pattern Creator (1999).

RachaelVenters

Aaaaaaaargh I have a design but it is too big for a fat quarter (the size all the shops sell evenweave in). No-one has a roll of white/ivory 28 or 32 count evenweave lying around they'd sell me some of? Need a piece at least two foot square to allow for framing....

Or I'll have to go back to the drawing board...

littleowllou

Veteran (100+ posts)
love the patterns - just started cross stitch again after finding one I started when i was pregnant (my daughters 11 in Sept!!!) I shall be starting these soon ish,
anybody sewn one? if so can you post a pic let us admire your handy work

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Aaaaaaaargh I have a design but it is too big for a fat quarter (the size all the shops sell evenweave in). No-one has a roll of white/ivory 28 or 32 count evenweave lying around they'd sell me some of? Need a piece at least two foot square to allow for framing....

Or I'll have to go back to the drawing board...
There's the shop in Batley that may do them - it's the sewing shop at the Outlet or there's a shop in Brighouse - worth ringing them up.

Thought Hobbycraft in Leeds would stock them!

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
These are great Rachael. I, like many other Crosstichers, have many projects on the go. I have a holiday project which has been going on for a few years which is "America" by Jean Farish and I am doing the Rudyard Kipling poem "If" as well as a few others.

I would love to do the centenary logo on my new camp blanket. I would also love to do my weemee. I think I will have to look around in PC World etc to see if I can get a disc. I don't suppose your disc can be copied???

Thanks for posting these charts - very kind of you to share all your hard work.

RachaelVenters

Finished Centenary Sampler Pattern

I've finished the pattern for a centenary sampler, should anyone want one please PM me. I used a different programme that won't transfer to paint like the others so I would have to scan and email or photocopy and post (it's 21 pages as to be clear enough to see the petite stitches I had to use for some of it.

Attached is a picture, the finished size is 200x300 stitches (ideal for a 28-count evenweave fat quarter with sufficient to stretch and frame, petite stitches don't work so well on aida but it would be 14-count aida).

Attachments

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
That is fab Rach!!!!!

Are you doing one? I've not got the time to do a thing let alone stitch my badges on the blanket - got a camp in end of may!!!

RachaelVenters

That is fab Rach!!!!!

Are you doing one? I've not got the time to do a thing let alone stitch my badges on the blanket - got a camp in end of may!!!
Yeah - started on the guide promise badge this evening! Petite stitch is so quick!!! Just that there's so much of it that'll take the time!

FreerangeThompson

Veteran (100+ posts)
I thought I would try cross stitch for my craft BOGUK as I've never tried it before. I thought 'how hard can it be - kids can do it!' OMG - each stitch has been like torture! And I'm doing one with a picture printed on the material! I am amazed at these, though don't expect i'll ever be able to do them... though never say never! I may get into a cross stitch groove if I keep going long enough...

lotty

Brownie Guider
Just wondering......
Has the Promised changed again (Duty to God/love my God) or are you using the one you first made?
I really like your design by the way.