• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Idea! Cutout Trefoil frames...my latest creative idea!

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I could do a cut-out of a Rainbow (eg the 3-swoosh Rainbow logo), with her name (her real name, or Pip, or both)....and a Rainbow-coloured background?
I'll mock up some designs tonight/tomorrow...

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Forgot to mention, mine's arrived and it's brilliant - thank you so much! Payday this week so off to Ikea to get the frame!

Denise

Beginner (10+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Hi

Would it be possible to do the shape (!) of an owl with brown background, bit like the squirrel and say Brown Owl and add a trefoil too, or is this too much?

Many thanks

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
ooh, these are lovely

really like the squirrel one and those 3d ones are very clever

does anyone know, can you buy photo type frames that would be able to display the 3d ones without them getting flattened? or any suggestions on how you could display them so they could be hung on wall... just thinking this would make an extra special leaving present or thank you present for dc's/leaders etc

sofa32

R/B/G/SS leader
SN.....look on Rugby's fb - kingfisher paper cut outs i think, and it says all the frames you can get, box frames don't crush them :)

RainbowC

Brownie Leader
I still haven't worked out where I could put a framed one, but if you're doing bookmarks too, I'm sure I could adopt a few of them! How much would they be?

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I still haven't worked out where I could put a framed one, but if you're doing bookmarks too, I'm sure I could adopt a few of them! How much would they be?
Bookmarks 50p each, but only in whichever colour offcuts I have from the main ones - mostly white letters, mostly various blue backgrounds, but currently I have a yellow & a brown already made.
(plus postage, 50p for as many as I can fit in a small envelope under 5mm)
The bookmarks are laminated, and cut near the top so they can clip on a page.

RainbowC

Brownie Leader
Just have to say, my bookmarks arrived yesterday and they're lovely :) If anyone's thinking about these, do go ahead and get something!

Hugs thanks, rugbynutter. (I haven't given the Girlies their bookmarks yet - waiting for better behaviour first...!)

daisy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
My 2 retirement presents went down a treat. The recipients were speechless, especially since they were personalised with their names. They were brilliant and I wish I had more people to give them to as presents. Thank you very much.

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
do you do customised bookmarks with "names" on them? and would they be the 50p price mentioned in an earlier thread? (I've seen your bookmarks with promise on them on your facebook page and they are gorgeous)

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I can do customised bookmarks, but I would have to charge more because they involve more template-drawing and more cutting out (the others are just made with offcuts from other designs that I happen to have for the letters). Say £1 each?

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
Just an update, thanks to all the people who've asked me to make paper cutouts for them, I have so far raised over £300 from the cutouts towards our GOLD Sri Lanka 2013 project.
I still have a way to go with the fundraising, so keep the orders coming!
I have so far done everything from trefoils, to hot air balloons, dinosaurs, hearts, flowers, butterflies, rainbows, wedding rings, penguins, maple leaves, shamrocks, arrowheads . . ...
So if you have an idea/theme, I can probably create it!
See the first post, or www.facebook.com/paperkingfisher for pictures & more info.

uploadfromtaptalk1362780216749.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362780253627.jpg

Attachments

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
These are fabulous rugbynutter.

Just want to say to anyone dithering- they really do look as good as the pictures in real life! My mum loved her one for her Birthday last year, it's got pride of place in the living room! :)