• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Dear Santa..

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I have been good this year ( I think ) so if you have room on your sleigh would you mind filling my stocking with :

a few more hours a week (tagged to the weekend would be great )
a little elf to help me tidy my house (it's a little overburdoned with Guiding essentials)
a little patience to help me with those urgent queries that come through late at night or as I sit down to tea
a few more leaders to help share the tasks ( the ones I have are brilliant but we could do with a few more)

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to you and Mrs Claus..

Quack

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Ah but they are troublesome souls...and can you imagine the consent forms and risk assessments..?

What would you ask Santa for?

Last edited:

victoria

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I would ask for my health to go back to how i was in early 2012 or before. (Aka a pair of legs that work and a body thats not always tiered. That way I can offer my girls more and rely less on support from others.

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
My main wish for Christmas was to be able to have grandad with us for the day. He was in hospital as he had cancer, but he was doing really well, so was allowed out for the day. It was great having him home for the day, and he loved having a day out.

Unfortunately he died suddenly two days ago, and I'm devastated. But it really is comforting to know that the one thing we all wanted for Christmas was able to happen, and he was able to spend that one last Christmas, one of his last days, surrounded by family, and at home.

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
My main wish for Christmas was to be able to have grandad with us for the day. He was in hospital as he had cancer, but he was doing really well, so was allowed out for the day. It was great having him home for the day, and he loved having a day out.

Unfortunately he died suddenly two days ago, and I'm devastated. But it really is comforting to know that the one thing we all wanted for Christmas was able to happen, and he was able to spend that one last Christmas, one of his last days, surrounded by family, and at home.
So glad you all had your day.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Jenn, so sorry to hear your news. Take comfort from the good times you had together, my thoughts and prayers are with you.