• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

favourite games for brownies

Pompey_Ranger

Veteran (100+ posts)
OK so I know it is a Scout site! but it does have some great ideas for games on it :D

You can search by sections (so just search for Cubs if you want Brownie age games) but alot of the games are suitablefor more than the section they are listed under (even if you have to adpt them slightly :) )

You can also search by location - indoors, outdoors or by game type - ball, quiet, six/patrol :)

It tells you how long the games are likely to last (suggested times anyway!) and how many players it maybe suitable for :)

Enjoy!

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/direct/games/

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
My Brownies like:

fishes in the Net,
clock in the tower and
duck, duck, goose

Ultimate Camp Resources has a large listing of games!

Pollydriver

Regular (50+ posts)
My brownies like:
Jelly fish - You have two teams (little fish & eels), one team at each end of the room. One girl is a jelly fish and stands in the middle. You call out little fish, eels or all the fish. Team have to run to the other end without being caught by the jelly fish. If they are caught they become seaweed, standing where they are caught. They can lean and touch any of the runners to get them out, but cannot move their feet. Last person in wins.

Tree, log, bridge - divide the girls into teams of at least four, more if possible. On go the first girl (tree) runs to a line and stands still. Then girl two (log) runs to the tree, runs round the tree and carries on to her line. She lies on the floor horizontally. Next girl (bridge) runs round the tree, jumps over the log and makes herself into a bridge at her line. Next girl (runner) goes round tree, over log, under bridge and runs to finish line. Next girl does the same, until only tree, log and bridge are left. Tree runs over log and under bridge and to finish. Log goes under bridge and to finish. Bridge runs to finish. No girls are supposed to go until the one in front has finished, but lots of cheating goes on!! Winners are the first team to have everyone at the finish line.

kathy

Veteran (100+ posts)
How to you play clock in the tower?

My brownies like

Kings and Queens, traffic lights, beanz game; four cornersl traffic lights and whats the time mr wolf

Barmy Barny

Brownie & Guide Guider
Traffic lights - Brownies run around , if you call red they freeze, amber they sit down and green to run again. We also added blue where ther make ne nah noises and turn around. Last one to do it loses a life.

My lot like:
squash a Brownie - a circle of chairs with a brownie on each, you then give instructions like anyone with a dog move 3 spaces left, anyone with an older brother move 5 spaces right. As the Brownies move they have to sit on who ever is in the space they reach.
Cops and Robbers- another cicle of chairs, this time only enough for 3/4 of the Pack. The brownies stand behind the chairs as cops, anyone with out a chair to stand behind is a robber and sits on a chair. If you're a cop with out a robber you can encourage one to come to your chair by winking or blinking at them. The cop they are fleeing from can re catch them by tagging them as they get up to leave.
Night and Day - two teams one night the other day - line up across the middle of hall, toss something eg pot lid or card (doesn't matter just needs to have two easily distinguishable sides) on to the floor between the two teams. If lid falls "night" side up night team chases day who has to escape to the end of the hall nearest them, any that are caught join the night team, and vice versa Winning team is the one at the end of the set time with the most numbers.

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
P-P-P-P-PENGUIN. Can fit any theme. Split the girls in half, one half Penguins the other pigeons. Two rows stand about twenty foot apart, leader says p-p-p-p-p as the girls step towards each other, then either penguins or pigeons, whichever is called chase the other back over their line, anyone caught joins the other team and you start again until all on one team or worn out. We have robins and reindeers at xmas, bats and black cats at halloween and so on.

M

maxcreigs

Mine are listed below.
cream cheese brownies
squash a Brownie
Night and Day
clock in the tower.

Yorkielass

Brownie Guider and soon to be Guide GIC
Can someone help me with Jumping beans please? Have just realised it is saved on my home computer and I'm not going home before Brownies.

What 'commands' do you use?

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
Wahtever you like, runner beans - run on spot, broad beans - arms out wide, french bean - oh la la, baby beans - curl up on floor crying, beans on toast - lay spread eagle on the floor, jumping beans obviously, baked bean - either curl up small or make fart noises, whichever you would prefer. Jelly bean, skinny bean, I am sure there are more but can't remember them at present. x

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
soya bean - make glasses using your fingers - one of our parent's thought that one up!
baked beans in a tin - group hug!

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Kangaroo jumps is the game where they all have a partner with their legs together in lines, you tell a story and each pair runs when their names shouted out. I think it's called something else to most people. Sheep is kind of like tig but a bit more fun. You've got two people on. They run around and tig the other girls. When a girl has been tug they lie on their backs leg in the airs baahing like sheep. There is another girl running around who is the farmer and she helps the 'sheep' back on their feet. Game ends when everyone are sheep or the girls are tired! You can alter the numbers of tiggers and farmers to how you want.

Yorkielass

Brownie Guider and soon to be Guide GIC
Kangaroo jumps is the game where they all have a partner with their legs together in lines, you tell a story and each pair runs when their names shouted out. I think it's called something else to most people. Sheep is kind of like tig but a bit more fun. You've got two people on. They run around and tig the other girls. When a girl has been tug they lie on their backs leg in the airs baahing like sheep. There is another girl running around who is the farmer and she helps the 'sheep' back on their feet. Game ends when everyone are sheep or the girls are tired! You can alter the numbers of tiggers and farmers to how you want.
Are their legs tied together?