• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Grand Ruby Day Out...

Saramateeni

multi-tasking and still forgetting...
We were excited about this, but we've had census, 2xpack holiday and a district sleepover. Feel we're constantly asking parents for money. We're going to see how many we get though as it really will be a grand day out :) xx

they call me tulip

Veteran (100+ posts)
Im in greater manchester west and im a district commissioner, from my district we have the guides, 2 brownie units (one being mine) and my Rainbows - I have plenty of adult help. Our parents think its good value (we are charging £40 thats £20 for BPB, £10 for coach, £10 for evening meal - not sure where yet - Guide leader organising). Im looking forward to it! We also plan to return home via illuminations

Caitsmum04

Mum-Guider-Teacher-general dogsbody!
Just butting into the conversation here - feel free to tell me to go away!

Have you arranged something for lunch?
The Pleasure Beach has "banned" picnics inside the complex, there has been a lot of hooha on another forum I'm on about it!

AM

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
As far as I'm aware NWE people have come to an agreement with the people who own the pleasure beach so we can take our own food...

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
It specifically says on the flyer "you are welcome to bring a packed lunch".

I imagine my girls will bring pocket money and stuff themselves with sweets (well, if you can buy any for the £2 I allow them!) but I think we'll stash some snacks for the train home in our magic leaders' bags too - if we're getting a 5-pm-ish train they'll be peckish by the time we get home.

They've also arranged for reduced price fast food vouchers but frankly can you imagine the queues?

littleowllou

Veteran (100+ posts)
We're going but our brownies are taking there own lunch, we're not prepared to queue for the food with vouchers.
One parent did ask why we weren't doing the vouchers as it would be easier for the parents!!!!

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Just to come in and confirm - packed lunches are definitely ok for our group. I know one of the organisers who made this one of her key negotiation points.

megs

Veteran (100+ posts)
I know I'm not Lancashire but hey
I think out leader worked out that a coach would be £350 which would need to be split between the 20 or so of us that are going. This will be even more seeing as about 5 of us aren't coming back. It's be about £10 for us to get there from Chester on the train

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
Has anyone heard about this? I haven't got a letter or an email and yet I heard from another Guider in district that she definitely hasn't been allocated tickets so I'm a bit confused.

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Did she apply after the deadline?

I have heard everybody who submitted an application in time has been allocated places and the communications are in the process of coming out.

The only reason I can think of for any application being turned away is because it was sent in too late.

Barnowl12

Brownie Leader
Yes we got an e-mail to say they'd got our application. They have been good recently about sending e-mails, have also had e-mails to say when badge orders are being sent out.

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
I did get an email to say my application was received, have not ordered any badges. She mentioned that "other Guiders hadn't made up their minds in time" so perhaps it ws that she applied after the deadline - though as I got the email 2 days ago and the deadline was only 31st July that was quite quick to let her know.

Sounds like we did get places then if Cazbly's info is correct, phew!

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
Erm...

I've just read the information again and it says "no friends or family members, only members of GGUK".
Does this mean that, if my AG can't get the day off work, I can't rope in a parent helper?
I'll be going with 8 Brownies on my own if so - heeeeeelp!

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
could you possibly rope in another guider from somewhere?

It does seem a little odd, I can sort of see why they've done it with the demand, but some units rely on parent helpers! And how would they know they weren't members???

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
I might just keep quiet about the fact that they are not a UH. I don't imagine all the UHs there will be in uniform.