• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

grants for a guide


Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
My OH has a guide who sadly lost her father last year, she is a very shy young girl and is clearly getting alot out of being in the unit.

She is struggling to pay for things such as subs and trips she would like to attend a regional residential trip later this year.

Do you know of any grants that may be able to help?


Staff member
What about asking your County? Not sure what the grants would be called, but I know my County have a few funds available for such a case. Write, explain and ask the question to District, Division, County and your Region! All they can do is say no and it would be a start.


Veteran (100+ posts)
My district has offered to pay the census of a girl whose family is struggling..... because that's what district funds are for, apparently!