• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Has anybody ordered from Crafty Crocodiles?

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Hi, just wondering if anyone has ordered from crafty crocodiles? They were advertised in Guiding magazine at some point and I am super planning for next term and thinking of ordering some supplies from them. Was just wondering whether anyone who had ordered from them would recommend them?

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
Nope, but I just googled it and it looks like a nice site. Might have to look more closely myself for next term.

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
we got sent a catelogue from our county, looks good, alot smaller qualinties then baker ross so your not left having to over buy

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
quick a few ideas that arn't on other sites - like design your own sunglasses case

and you order by the number needed :)

like some of their star buys

vickey

Veteran (100+ posts)
We have, or should I say my friend has after I told her about it to get crafty bits for her little boy. She was very impressed with them. They were delivered within two days, packaged well, excellent quality. One of her items were broke so she emailed them and had a replacement again within two days! She got my Brownies some of the glue sticks (we are having a nightmare finding ones that actually stick that are cheap) and, so far, they work well. I think they were only 45p each without the discount.

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
I ordered the catalogue, but that's all I've ordered from them so far, catalogue arrived fine though :)

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
I ordered and got the catalogue plus a very nice email from the lady who runs it.

It is considerably cheaper than the other catalogue with many similar things and some different ones too :)
I shall be looking in it first next time I want stuff

hellyc

Veteran (100+ posts)
My mum and I have ordered quite a bit for our guide units she sourced all her crafts for her recent indoor residential form there and I ordered some hama boards. It came quick and was very reasonably priced deffinately worth an order :)

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
My mum and I have ordered quite a bit for our guide units she sourced all her crafts for her recent indoor residential form there and I ordered some hama boards. It came quick and was very reasonably priced deffinately worth an order :)
Thanks, just wanted to know what someone who had ordered thought. I think the stuff looks good and cheap so think I'll give them a try :)

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
website does look good, but will wait to see the catalogue (as you often see stuff in catalgue that you'd miss searching through online :)

another one I've used that has been good in the past is s&s services and they often have unusual/different stuff - used to have to add VAT to the prices, but I think all the prices now include VAT? (I bought the moulds I use for tea-lights out of plaster of paris from there and the girls just paint them and this is a popular craft I run every 2-3 yrs for either christmas or mother's day)
http://www.ss-services.co.uk/

I have not as yet, although the lady was extremely helpful, sent me five catalogues so that the other leaders could have a look as well, received a discount voucher and have a £500 credit limit, although there is no way I would need that amount, but it does mean that I can get the goods when I want and arrange a unit cheque (Building Society one which is not always easy to get straight away) and pay at my convenience. So I am looking forward to placing my first order!

I have ordered from them for my Brownies, was very impressed with the prices and the speed of delivery was fantastic. My daughters also enjoyed the complimentary chocolate enclosed in the box!!

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I think I might wait until after the snow vanishes as post seems to be getting delayed, etc. Will tell you all what they are like :)