• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Hello Everyone

Hi there, I am SUNSHINE and run 1st Dialstone Rainbows in Offerton, Stockport. I LOVE IT but am in desperate need of adult helpers ! I have 16 girls after the half term and just one helper plus me so its hard work !

If you know anyone who would be interested then PLEASE PM me!!

Thanks

Sunshine
1st Dialstone Rainbows ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roo2

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
hello Sunshine, I echo the above. You may find advertising in the local parish mag or free paper may get you some more help ( and then you just keep twisting their arm up their back until they go into Uniform lol)

Hi Sharon, have you let Sharon Fraser know at the County Office? Volunteers come through the office, so she may be able to place someone with you.

good luck,

Irene

Froggy

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just saw my name then, someone called.

We can add your unit to our list so that if anyone comes through in that area we can direct them to you. However we haven't had many new volunteers from that area for a while. It is something that we are looking at. If you need posters, leaflets etc to advertise we have lots. Just let me know and I'll get some for you.

kat0504

Regular (50+ posts)
Hi Sharon,

I'm at 3rd Romiley brownies so we're quite close. Have you tried speaking to your District Commisioner to see if they know anyone or putting a notice up in the local primary school advertising the group and asking for assistance?

Hope you get sorted out soon

Snowy Owl (aka Kathryn)

P.S - Are you any relation to Sheila Jackson in Bredbury?

Just saw my name then, someone called.

We can add your unit to our list so that if anyone comes through in that area we can direct them to you. However we haven't had many new volunteers from that area for a while. It is something that we are looking at. If you need posters, leaflets etc to advertise we have lots. Just let me know and I'll get some for you.

What about starting a parents rota?
That's how I started back in guiding with my daughter's unit some 17 years ago!
If you have 16 girls and there is just yourself and one other, you are over the recommended ratio for Rainbows I think.