• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Ice Hockey visits.

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I did the same last season and would like to say that the Nottingham Lions are offering trips to Guide/Scout groups from throughout Nottingham (due to the late finishes on a Sunday night the visits might be better for Guide/Scout age and above.)

We can offer tickets for £1 per Guide/Scout and £3 per Leader. Parents are also able to come at normal ticket prices (£5 adults, £4 consessions (inc valid NUS) and £3 Under 16)

If you're interested and want further details or to reserve a date, then either PM me or email me on nottinghamlions@gmail.com and I'll get back to you.

Also if your interested in coming along on your own or with friends, let me know and I'll introduce myself and show you around and explain some of the rules!!!

Our first home game is tonight, and if anyone is interested the game starts at 7.20 on the Capital One ice rink (Olympic pad at the NIC).

Home games are as follows, and are Sunday unless stated:
27th September - Coventry
4th October - Trafford (Manchester)
11th October - Sheffield
25th October - Whitley (We have a workplace group that day so would request only small groups if interested)
15th November - Coventry
29th November - Trafford (Manchester)
6th December - Telford
20th December - Kingston (Hull)
17th January - Kingston (Hull)
31st January - Blackburn
14th February - Telford
14th March - Blackburn
21st March - Sheffield

hortibabe

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'd highly recommend it as a good night out - wish Cardiff gave us some offers. I would say, however, don't take any 'sensitive' leaders who get their knickers in a twist when there's a bit of a ruck!! The kids loved it. :)

Marie

Guide Guider
I've never seen ice hockey live, only on TV but it looked like one of the most violent sports around! I bet the Guides and Scouts love it!

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I will suggest this as a trip out for my Guides and Senior Section.
I was think also, perhaps we could have a G2G night out at the Ice hockey? Seeing as we have a good Nottingham Guiders crew!

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'd highly recommend it as a good night out - wish Cardiff gave us some offers. I would say, however, don't take any 'sensitive' leaders who get their knickers in a twist when there's a bit of a ruck!! The kids loved it. :)
I'd get in touch with Cardiff - and if the Devils won't offer you anything then try the lower-league team who might. I might have a contact for the Cardiff ENL team if you're interested.
I'm lucky as my partner is one of the team managers, so basically I get to suggest stuff such as this.

I've never seen ice hockey live, only on TV but it looked like one of the most violent sports around! I bet the Guides and Scouts love it!
The couple of Guide groups we've had have really enjoyed it! Not had any Scout groups for a while though..

I will suggest this as a trip out for my Guides and Senior Section.
I was think also, perhaps we could have a G2G night out at the Ice hockey? Seeing as we have a good Nottingham Guiders crew!
We'll be more than happy to have a group of Guiders - and these will be at £3 per ticket.