• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Leadership Qualification // Module 1, Part 3: a

LittleOwlx

Beginner (10+ posts)
Ok well my name is Sam, aka Little Owl to my brownies.
Im 16 and have very nearly finished my qualificatoin. Apart from discussing some sections with my mentor i only have a few other things to do.
One of which is Modue 1, Part 3: a.
"Plan and carry out an activity that helps unit members gain an understanding of the promise."

I can think of plenty of ideas to help our new brownies learn the promise but im not sure on goingin understanding.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestion of activites i could do with a few of our new brownies for this part?

Many thanks
Sam

Cat

Assistant Rainbow and Brownie Guider
for part of our Rainbow 20th Birthday badge they had to come up with 20 ways they could keep thier promise, you could do something like that with the Brownies.

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I did a graftti wall with my brownies on very large sheets of paper (wall paper turned the wrong way around)
They the came up with ways they could keep their promise.

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I use a Promise Flower. I could post the template. You have the stem for the 'I Promise' - the centre of Guiding, 3 leaves for the 3 parts of the promise, and 5 petals ( the 5 essentials) to write ideas of how they can keep their Promise

nuttymoo

Brownie Guider
Becoming a Brownie

Hi

How about working through the becoming a Brownie book with girls who are due to be enrolled?? that is what my New Adult is doing for that part she also checks that they know it too!!

Julie

x-x-x-x-x

:eek:

beckysmith88

Rainbow and Senior Section leader
I did a graftti wall with my brownies on very large sheets of paper (wall paper turned the wrong way around)
They the came up with ways they could keep their promise.
i did the same with my rainbows, we used a big sheet of paper and wrote down what each bit means and then how we could keep the promise, and they came up with some fantastic ideas which was really good :)

for the learning the promise bit i typed the promise out and cut it up and laminated each word and the rainbows had to put it in order... again, worked really well, but that is certainly a rainbow activity because it was pretty easy!!

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
for the learning the promise bit i typed the promise out and cut it up and laminated each word and the rainbows had to put it in order... again, worked really well, but that is certainly a rainbow activity because it was pretty easy!!
Variation on this, using the laminated words. Distribute all the words, mixed up. The girls have to stand up and say their word in the correct order. Some words are duplicated so you get 2 girls at times. Start slow, and then see how quick they can get.:D

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I also made a book mark with Brownies logo on one side in black and whit for them to colour and the promise on the back

JackieP

Brownie & Guide Leader & County GO! User
I've been doing the new Brownies since I started last September - and it's developed. We go through the Brownie story, discuss the Promise and the Law, and I think from next term I'm going to add a variant on the Promise tree from the Adventure book (So they can come up with suggestions of how they can do their best to keep the promise), will probably do a template myself for them to fill in...

JackieP

Tiffany

Beginner (10+ posts)
Does "gaining an understanding of the promise" include activities about what a promise is, and how and why to keep it? That's what I'm hoping to use as mine...

Tiffany

Beginner (10+ posts)
That's what I thought, Fluffyowl! Actually I had a whole promise meeting planned, and it was going to have sections on each bit of the promise, but it, er, didn't happen...