• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

London Irish Scout and Guide Day

Vanessa (Elf)

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Anyone going to the London Irish Scout and Guide Day this coming Saturday at the Madjeski Stadium?

I couldn't get any of my Guides interested so it's just me, my DD (who is a Guide) and her friend (who is a Guide in another Unit).

We're really looking forward to it as we're all big rugby fans and the match involves Saracens, my home team.

Looking forward to see lots of other Guides and leaders there.

Vanessa (Elf)

hopelessguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm going:) Like you, we had a shortage of guides going (only 3 going) so there are more leaders (5) than guides going though! Two of my guides are in the half time guard of honour and very excited about it:) Where are you sitting? Block Y25, Row AA

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Ours girls werent intrested (not that the leaders were that intrested either) but we gave them the opportunity

Vanessa (Elf)

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Well we had a great day, will definitely go again next year and will try and drum up a bit more support from my unit.

We were surrounded by Beavers/Cubs/Scouts, couldn't see many Guides but then everyone was well wrapped up against the cold.

Vanessa (Elf)

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
We were surrounded by Beavers/Cubs/Scouts, couldn't see many Guides but then everyone was well wrapped up against the cold.
That's not really that surprising, as rugby is generally more appealing to boys than girls

Glad you had a great time

Last edited:

hopelessguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I also disagree!!!! I took 3 of my guides to the match yesterday and they had a great time:) There def seemed to be a disproportionate number of scouts to guides there - of the 20 biggest groups attending that paraded their flags, 19 were scouting and only one was guidng. But to say rugby appeals more to boys than girls is stereotyping!!! Almost as bad as saying that all guides do is cook and learn childcare skills!!

Vanessa (Elf)

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I wish i had known about this. I have several girls who would have loved to go and it is only up the road from us.
Hedgehog - I got an email end of November that had come down from County, Division, District etc. When we were there on Saturday I asked if they planned to do it again next year and they said yes so look out for it.

Vanessa (Elf)