• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

'Modern-Day' Charades

fuzz

just fuzz =D
right, after our christmas dinner next saturday (christmas-themed camp, by the way!) we are having a party games afternoon. we're going to play charades, but i wanted to use slightly more 'relevant' titles than the ones that are usually used (eg, 'harry potter and the whatever' (not a hp fan, i'm afraid :eek:) as opposed to 'gone with the wind')

i am in need then, of a lot (we have a very full camp!) of books, films and song titles that are pretty recent (which i will mix in with some 'classics')

however - i am completely out of touch with today's popular culture, and so i am hoping you lovely lot will be able to help me out...?!

thank you! :)

fuzz

just fuzz =D
still haven't managed to see that site :( thank you though

am still hoping that some people will have suggestions...please just write down any film, book, song or tv show you can think of - i can't really emphasise how out of touch i am :blush:

thanks! :D

Panda

Rainbow and Guide Guider, Co-DC
I'm not great at this either, but:
High School Musical
Hairspray
Pirates of the Carribean
Ratatouille
Cars
The Simpsons
The Weakest Link

tawny*

Veteran (100+ posts)
basil brush
eastenders
eurovision!
tracy beaker
thomas the tank engine
little murmaid
50/50
soldier boy(song)

hope it helps :)

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
songs

American Boy
That's Not My Name
Take A Bow
4 Minutes
Heartbreaker
Wearing My Rolex
Black & Gold
Love In This Club

tawny*

Veteran (100+ posts)
songs

hey there delilah-plain white t's
red hot chille peppershey oh-snow
time of your life-greenday
boulevard of broken dreams-greenday
american idiot-greenday
heartbeat-scouting for girls
i get knocked down-chumbawumba
ive had the time of my life
build be up buttercup
stuff from sound of music joseph and oliver they will probably know now!

fuzz

just fuzz =D
hehe, i'm hoping they won't be watching family guy - some of the latest ones are rather risque...! :eek:

the top 40 thing sounds like a good idea, thanks!

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
lol i gotta admit to not watching it but i called my little sister who has more with it so was told all the tv etc bits

Panda

Rainbow and Guide Guider, Co-DC
I think Soldier Boy (song) is called Crank That, and is by Soulja Boy but lots of people call it the Soulja Boy song. Even my Rainbows love this song and can do the dance - very worrying indeed.

Last edited:

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
Panda your right
when we went to pontins with my brownies they decieded to teach us the dance to it lol got some great memories to this dance.