• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Money games

Kangaroot

Veteran (100+ posts)
There was a game in one of the activity packs on the GG website about a game where you had to buy resources in order to complete tasks to earn more money, so you can buy more resources to complete tasks etc etc

I now can't find the game or the activity pack that it was in, does anyone know which one I'm on about?

Kangaroot

Veteran (100+ posts)
Any ideas?
Basics of the game, you have £5, spend £4 on materials to complete a challenge, which earns you £5. Differently mini challenges you cannot complete until you have more money (i.e. done certain challenges before it) and the group with the money money wins.
I know i've seen it in a resource, I know it!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Any ideas?
Basics of the game, you have £5, spend £4 on materials to complete a challenge, which earns you £5. Differently mini challenges you cannot complete until you have more money (i.e. done certain challenges before it) and the group with the money money wins.
I know i've seen it in a resource, I know it!
Sounds like a 'dollar market' - I've run these myself occasionally, making up challenges which suited what I wanted to teach at the time. If you do a search you may get some coming up which you can adapt.

bubblesaus

Veteran (100+ posts)
Sounds like fun!

I don't know the particular one you are talking about, but I have done the marshmallow and spaghetti towers where the girls had to "buy" their resources. They have to concentrate on the relative amounts of each resource needed to make the tower work

StarOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
There might be something like that in the 'Right Now' pack? Or I may be thinking of something else, don't have it to hand to check.