• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Monopoly Challenge Badge

vee

Veteran (100+ posts)
My Rangers have created this Monopoly Challenge Badge as part of our fundraising for an international trip next year! The challenges are very flexible and are suitable for Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Senior Section, Adults and Trefoil Guild!

We hope you enjoy our challenge!
Victoria

Attachments

Diamond

Veteran (100+ posts)
Your resource is great really well thought out and nice and adaptable.
I will now revisit the idea of doing a Monopoly run with my Rangers.

I see you are from Hurst Rangers. I tried to contact Hurst Rangers a few months ago without success. I am from Maidenhead and Have just taken on the Challenge of Rangers it had more or less ceased and so it is no easy task. I wanted to see if I could visit Hurst and get some ideas and advice from you as I now you are very successful. ANy chance we could arrange this?

Thanks again for the resource bye Ann

I did a monopoly board run in London with my SS unit as our Centenary Ultimate Adventure. It was exhausting but brilliant fun but we did have to go back and finish off the last few the next morning! It didn't help that half of the tubes were not working so we had more walking and had to use the buses. We had a pre-planned route the girls had decided on, with printed off maps etc for everyone. We took a photo at every stop and also looks for things like water and electric companies doing work in eg a van, also betting shops and banks and charity shops for community chest! Its a great way to see the capital - but wear v good walking shoes!!! Can recommend staying at YHA Thameside - cheap, cheerful, good breakfast and close to tube lines. One of only 2 YHA in london that will take groups - and much nicer than Holland Park!! I think I'll be ordering some of your badges! The only ones I could find at the time were pin badges off ebay!!

vee

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks Suffolksmog! It is a great day out but completely exhausting! Thanks for the YH recommendation too, will look into that...

Hi,
My Guides have completed this challenge and I sent off the form in July but have not heard back
Can you confirm if you are still running the challenge?
Thanks

My Rangers have created this Monopoly Challenge Badge as part of our fundraising for an international trip next year! The challenges are very flexible and are suitable for Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Senior Section, Adults and Trefoil Guild!

We hope you enjoy our challenge!
Victoria
Did you get a cheque from HC Rangers as we have not been sent any badges?

This challenge was created in 2012. Hurst Rangers changed their name approximately 3 years ago. The challenge is no longer being run and there are no badges left for it. The leader has married - changed her name and moved house and now left the unit, so anyone sending cheques to the address on the challenge will not receive a a response. Many Thanks - Claire Loddon District Commissioner

Last edited: