• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

New Volunteers Social/Training Weekend Nov23-25

Saff

Regular (50+ posts)
Hi,

We're running a training/social weekend for new volunteers and still have a little space for those who want to come for some/all of it. Cost £3 per
"session" except First Response (£4). Weekend cost is £15 or £19 with First Response. We're staying at Guys Farm. Last chance to express interest is probably Friday morning :)

-- Saff

Friday

19:00 Arrival from now until…
19:45 Financial Management Training
21:00 Getting to know you games/ice breakers

Saturday

09:00 Breakfast
10:00-11:30 Cross-section craft
11:30-12:30 Adventurous activity (tbc)
12:30 Lunch
13:45 Guiding Method etc.
15:30 Planning Events
17:15 What is GO?
18:30 Dinner
20:00 "Speed Guiding"
21:00 Chill Out

Sunday

09:00 Breakfast
10:00 Safe Space
11:00 Programme Planning
12:30 Lunch
13:30 First Response
18:30 All done!

libbie63

Regular (50+ posts)
Oh what a shame I would've loved to have joined this but am going to the theatre on Saturday evening - hope it all goes well:) for you all

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
you could come up for some of the sessions- you don't have to stay overnight if there's some things you want to do :)

Eleri25

Regular (50+ posts)
Could you give me a postcode? Then I can work out I it's too far to come for the day?? Would like to come on just te sun if that is possible (depending on drive time)

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Eleri, it's in Lancashire....about 2hrs drive up the M6 from Stoke. Not sure if Saff really meant for people to come from so far away!!

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Could you give me a postcode? Then I can work out I it's too far to come for the day?? Would like to come on just te sun if that is possible (depending on drive time)
Eleri, you will find that Guys Farm is right next to the Lancaster Services (formerly known as Forton Services).

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
Unfortunately owing to Fox Cub duties I can't make this but hope you all have a great time. I'm assuming for those that are still doing their ALQ that you'll be able to tick off LOTS of things, including that elusive (at least, we always find it elusive) section training.