• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question about changing sections

Emily_G

GUIDES - Assistant Guider
I completed my LQ as an Assistant Guide Guider (mod 1-3) about 6 months ago. I think I was once told that if you don't work as a Guider for 3 years (?) then if you go back to Guiding you have to re-do the LQ. I think I was also once told that if I ever wanted to change sections, I wouldn't have to do the whole LQ again but just some of it?
I just wanted to check if anyone knew whether this was correct? Also, if I changed sections and did just have to do 'some' of the LQ, does anyone know which bit(s)? :confused:

Also, if there is a set expiry limit on a warrent/LQ if it's not used for a set time; if I change sections say and trained as a brownie assistant Guider and didn't work as a Guide guider for 3-4 years, if I ever returned to Guide Guiding would I have to re-do all/some of the LQ? Or would I be alright because I'd been a Guider within that time (even if it wasn't with the Guide section)?

Sorry if it doesn't make sense! I don't always explain myself very well, but any answers would be very helpful. :)

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I think I was also once told that if I ever wanted to change sections, I wouldn't have to do the whole LQ again but just some of it?
I just wanted to check if anyone knew whether this was correct? Also, if I changed sections and did just have to do 'some' of the LQ, does anyone know which bit(s)? :confused:

To change sections you have to do module 1, which is the bit about that section. If you also want to take on Unit Guider (rather than assistant) and you have not done 4, then you need to do module 4.

I don't know for sure about the other q's. If you have been in Guiding, then I don't see that you would need to do mods 2-4 as they are generic, about the ethos and communications in Guiding. I don't know if there is a time limit on the section module. I am seeing my training mentor on Wed I will try to ask her.

Cat

Assistant Rainbow and Brownie Guider
I think that we were told at our mentor meeting that if you had been out of Guiding for 3 years you had to re-do some of the LQ, I think that it was just module 1.

dawn

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I think that we were told at our mentor meeting that if you had been out of Guiding for 3 years you had to re-do some of the LQ, I think that it was just module 1.
I have checked with my training tutor. There is no time limit on the ALQ. However, if the training scheme changes (as it did recently) then if you make a change, then you will need to redo appropriate modules. It would be recommended though that if you have not been working with the section for a few years a refresher training would be a good idea.

Is that clear, or do you still have any outstanding queries. Let me know