• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Scottish G2G 2

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
I will be bringing one of hubby's empty wine bottles as I don't drink - honest!!!

Who is getting the 12.30 train from Edinburgh to Aberdeen??? Don't want to lose any of our fellow Guiders.

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
Mazi I am taking schloer too cos I dont drink!

Sly, Charmed and I will be on that train - we are getting the train across from Glasgow - just got to check what time that train is.

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
Me too! I have 2 bottle though cos they were on offer.

When I was at netherurd this weekend I met people who know scotch - but I couldnt get anything out of them about what was happening.

charmedone100

rainbow gic and guide al
i cant believe how many posted were done today

m bring my 2 neckers a laptop to do college work on the train
m camp blanket just needs to be glued together at the moment
will pack on thursday before work
might go buy big bottle of tesco's fanta
will need to find a bottle
can u pick up wheat free bread cause i dont have time to the shops at the moment (will give u the money dippy)
i cant get glasgow or lanarkshire west badges at the moment will take a note of ur address and post them out to you when i get some (dont ask)

charmedone100

rainbow gic and guide al
forgot is anyone driving on the sunday to aberdeen cause i cant afford the ticket from elgin to glasgow so going from aberdeen to glasgow need to be in aberdeen for 5.30 i think will double check
q

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
In charmed fashion.

I am not going to be getting home until about 9.30pm (and if I were to start cooking it would be stupidly late before I eat) so was wondering if when you were food shopping if you would be willing to pick me up some cold meat (ham or chicken) and some rolls - so that I can make some sandwiches to take home with me - I would bring stuff with me but i dont think it would keep - I will happy to pay you when I get there. Thanks :)

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
it's wednesday!

Stuck in traffic on my way to work (don't worry, hubby is driving)

Never thought of food for the way back, guess I was thinking we'd be full up after all the yummy food we'll be eating!

Probably save some'munchies and get spmething at the station in Aberdeen

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
2nd bit of reply!

I've got a Bite card which gets me a discount at most station eating aces in the uk.

Planning to raid M & S at Waverly on the way up tho. Chocolatey mini bites anyone?! hehe!

dippydeedodah

Rainbow Guider, Guide Guider
Milly,
Scotch and I will be picking ppl up from Elgin so don't worry!!
I'll PM you my mobile number. So just phone of test when you get to Elgin.

Smudge,
There will be tons of stuff to make sandwiches/rolls for your Journey back , so don't worry about that.

Charmed,
Of course we will get you the bread (making shopping list now) you DONT have to pay for it though 'cos you have already paid your money for the weekend!!

Everyone ....
Who needs my mobile number PM'd to them ?
Don't worry if you dont have bottles as I am getting a few extras!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Oh my good grief - amount of posts!!!!

This is the list of everyone that will be going:

Me
Dippy
Milly
Smudge
Gaelic-girl
Charmedone100
Susiwaa
Fenris
Falkland1
Katie_bee
Charley_100
Mazi159
Miserybabe - think Saturday only though?
Starbright - possibly on the Saturday only too

Don't worry about taking any food with you - we have it covered!

I'm also not taking a full wine bottle, I get a headache just thinking about wine after last Saturday night!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
So far, this is what I've got of who is arriving when:

Friday
Train arriving in Elgin at 4.55pm:
Smudge
Charmed
Susi
Gaelic
Fenris
Katie

Train arriving in Elgin at 7.44:
Mazi

Bus arriving in Elgin about 7-8ish:
Milly

By car on Friday - not sure what time?
Falkland1
Charley

Arriving Saturday
Miserybabe
Starbright

If I'm wrong, please correct me, but for those coming by bus or train please ask dippy for her mobile number so when you do arrive we can come and collect you from Elgin.

:)

Last edited:

dippydeedodah

Rainbow Guider, Guide Guider
Phone of test?????? ROFL :D

Think that should be phone or text??
It was early!!!!!

Trying to get myself organised, pack stuff for my Daughters (they are going to my Mums to stay), get food ( actually a whole load of junk!!!!) bought for Hubby and Son,pack my own stuff, clean out car (unless no one minds sitting in about a foot of popcorn!!) Oh and I'm just off to get my hair cut!!!!

At least I managed to fill the car up with petrol....one less job to do!! LOL