• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

SG2G2 Excitement

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
Hey Susi, sorry to hear your are having a downer of a day. Just keep thinking tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow!!!!!

DD has just phoned me from the Fort in Glasgow to say Blacks Outdoor store is closing down and has a sale on. Must take a wee trip up there to see what bargains I can find!!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
That reminds me - I need a torch too but hubby won't be best pleased if I nick our one as he needs it for his shed. Only 45 mins of work to go!

Gee, some of you guys are mighty organised.

Fraid I'm not. Haven't got a single thign out yet and I'm off to guidest tonight. doesnt help that i live an hrs drive away and have to get petrol for the drive up to lossie so i haev to leave at 530, not home til 10pm! argh! though, i do finish work at 230 tomoro so I will have to pack then. oh dear.

got roped into organising a 100 song centenary challenge so will bring the songbook along, see if we can all go home with a new guidey song? need to buy my schloer still and some nibbles. can i just ask what is the preferred time of arrival so i can time the journey via trusty google.

cant wait :speechless-022

charmedone100

rainbow gic and guide al
i have pack all expect toliletes and pillows
just need to get a back pack for my stuff on the train
cant believe that in 24 hours we will have arrived at lossie (guessing it not far from the trainstation)

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
I'm appologising now if I get ratty over the weekend as I have been up till the early hours the last two days with stupid idiots in our stair well messing about in the early hours and keeping me awake and I nearly fell asleep in two of my lectures today!!

I've got the final parts of my craft from home today, just need to put the final things in my bag tonight/ tomorrow morning

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
I'm about to run away from work (finally managed to shift all the paperwork) so will be offline from now on. See you guys at Waverley!!

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
I have printed my health form - only had to put the ink in the printer and set it up! It has been over a year since we last had ink in the printer.

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Charley, don't worry - the majority of us will be there 5pm ish. There are other people arriving later than that though. :)

I've cleaned the car out, and bought some new air freshners to get rid of the doggy odour! Nah its not that bad, the dog is usually confined to the boot and I have put a clean blanket in there for all our stuff.

Its only 10 mins from Elgin to Lossie so yes in 24 hours time we will be there and plootering with glow sticks!!! :speechless-022:D

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
I'm all packed yeah!! had to get hubby to sort out the b****y airbed and sleeping bag though!! I only hope I can get them bag in the bag on Sunday!!!

22 hours to go!!!

falkland1

NellieB
GuiderPlus
I'm confused about all this talk of swaps being bought and made. I just thought we swapped badges or bought them if we didn't have any to swap. I can see I'm wrong...what sort of things are the swaps...help me out here please as I don't want to be the odd one out. Help!!!!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Don't worry.....some people like to make crafts to swap as well as badges. I myself haven't had time to do anything so will just be swapping badges. :)

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
I am away for a shower and then I am going to bed early so I am not so tired for tomorrow night and the fun to start!! Be back shortly

falkland1

NellieB
GuiderPlus
I still have to pack and am just going to tackle that now. Got a much longed for new exercise bike tonight from courier and it is all broken. I was very disappointed.Will c wot I can come up with enroute tomorrow. Its a long drive so I have time to scheme. i can't wait.

falkland1

NellieB
GuiderPlus
I actually had to drive 70 miles round trip to get the d thing cause the courier couldn't find the house. It came from Amazon and I have taken pictures of the damage and e-mailed them to them. I think they will know I'm not a happy bunny. Oh just by the by do you guys take/wear uniform this weekend? its not on the kit list but I didn't know whether it was assumed we did.

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Home, fed, packed and calm :)

sewing Tam's trousers, mother didn't have time to finish them before she escaped to Aus.

Gave up on camp blanket and pot bag, not got time to set the sewing machine up. Bringing my old blanket, have a space plan!! hehe!!

What else?

Oh yes,

*shouts*

ITS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!