• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Idea! Snowman Soup

Irish Brown Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just got this from my facebook page from Cadbury's - I think it is brilliant.

A great way to share Cadbury Hot Chocolate is to give as a gift on Christmas Eve. It's called SNOWMAN SOUP! Take one sachet of hot choc, (or measure out enough for a mug), a few marshmallows, a candy cane - and wrap in cellophane (or put in a... little glass jar) - add a little snowman tag and a poem such as:

Was told you've been real good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
you can get chocolate sachets from places like tesco - 5 for £1

so would make a lovely little treat gift

thinking this would be a nice funny gift for adult helpers :)

Squirrel-Nutkin

ooh, love the idea of putting all the ingredients in a mug and then wrapping in cellophane/bow - its a brilliant idea!

tried to tag this post so that I can "find" it again at end of november when I need it... can't remember how to add tags? (has it changed?)

have "bookmarked" it, so hopefully that will work...

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Just got this from my facebook page from Cadbury's - I think it is brilliant.

A great way to share Cadbury Hot Chocolate is to give as a gift on Christmas Eve. It's called SNOWMAN SOUP! Take one sachet of hot choc, (or measure out enough for a mug), a few marshmallows, a candy cane - and wrap in cellophane (or put in a... little glass jar) - add a little snowman tag and a poem such as:

Was told you've been real good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!
I seen this on the homemade christmas presents thread and will be doing it with brownies if we get time, sounds lovely :)

nikifm

Aka - Roly Mole and LaLa [=
I did this as presents for family and that last year and it went down well. We're doing it this year with brownies and guides by putting the ingredients in a baby food jar and decorating the top with a bit of fabric and ribbon - should be good [=

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Great idea!
I'm gonna suggest this for mums cubs! She only has a small pack around 8 and you can pick up cheap mugs! I'm thinking of getting them decorated too.
I think you can buy pens that you can decorate things like this with and then I think you put them in the oven so the ink sets!!

Dolphin-Brownie

Veteran (100+ posts)
We did this last Christmas and it went down a treat. I bought the little cellophane cones from eBay (think it was about a £1 for 50) and then got one of the big cadbury's hot choc tubs from costco. We mixed in a thing of edible glitter to the hot choc powder and put in a pack of choc buttons as well. Tied it all up with curling ribbon, added the tag and attached a candy cane for stirring... cheap but lovely presents (even if most of my girls did decide they were going to give it to themselves as a 'present' lol)

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Great idea!
I'm gonna suggest this for mums cubs! She only has a small pack around 8 and you can pick up cheap mugs! I'm thinking of getting them decorated too.
I think you can buy pens that you can decorate things like this with and then I think you put them in the oven so the ink sets!!
Yep you can. Mine are called porcelain pens. Come in very handy for making presents :)

Marie

Guide Guider
tried to tag this post so that I can "find" it again at end of november when I need it... can't remember how to add tags? (has it changed?)
I don't think it's changed - it's in the box at the bottom of the page, under the << Previous Thread | Next Thread >>.

I've added two tags: Christmas presents and snowman soup.

Squirrel-Nutkin

ebay has lots of different sized/shaped cellophane bags and cone shapes - think places link lakelands do it too

might be worth just looking around?