• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

"The Moon is Round" game

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
On a similar vien there's I'm going to party and I want to take...

Guides love that, but it upset one of the Brownies coz she couldn't take anything :(

Anonymous

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Okay - for those who are struggling to run the games because they don't know the secrets, I'll let slip some of them. DO NOT MISUSE THIS INFORMATION!! For my own safety, I'll do it anonymously!

crossed uncrossed - it's nothing to do with scissors, it's the position of your legs while you are sitting.

black magic - the object before the 'chosen item' will be black.

moon is round - the leader will do an action immediately before starting the drawing - e.g. scratch an ear, tweak hair. You have to copy the action as well as the rest.

9 books - when the leader first asks 'is it this one', her finger will touch on a certain portion of the book - middle, middle of an edge, corner - this will indicate the position in the grid of the chosen book.

*This information should only be used to enable leaders to run these games - do not spread the secrets any further than necessary!!*

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
In 9 books, the books are laid out in 3 rows of 3. The victim is sent out of the room, meantime one book is chosen. On her return the leader asks her whether this book was chosen, if no then whether that one, etc, and if she knows the secret she'll get it right every time.

chattychik

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've been trying for years to get to grips with 'The Moon Is Round' and firmly believe Giggle Drawers is fed up with me asking!!!!

Asked about the Spanish one as well & got nowhere.......:(

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
I know the 9 books one. It drove our Rangers mad!!!

We tell them we know always know which book it is because we are Ranger leaders and this means we have special abilities to communicate telepathically with each other, LOL!

giggle drawers

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've been trying for years to get to grips with 'The Moon Is Round' and firmly believe Giggle Drawers is fed up with me asking!!!!

Asked about the Spanish one as well & got nowhere.......:(
Im not fed up with you asking, thats part of the fun!:D

Come visit and we can play it again for you!!!! lol!:p

vickey

Veteran (100+ posts)
i still dont get the 9 books or black magic AND what is blue denim frying pan?

desperatly need some new games to wind up, I mean play, with the Guides and some did the scissors/pencil one at Brownies

sliceofrice

Veteran (100+ posts)
I still don't get the 9 books one either...

black magic- ok, you have all the leaders in on the joke.
you have a selction of items in the centre of a circle, for example a red belt, a blue duvet, a black torch, a glass of white wine (can anyone tell I'm sat in my room?)
you chose one of the items between the leaders, for example the red belt and this is the "Item".
you send one of the leaders out of the room, and get the girls to pick an item on from the centre of the circle. In this example it will be the blue duvet.
The leader then comes back in.
everyone goes around and says one of the items from the middle of the circle, any item.
when one of your leaders says the "item" (red belt), the next item said by the next leader (or anyone in on the joke) will be the Blue duvet.
After a few rounds of people just picking random items the leader who was sent out of the room will say she knows what the secret item that the girls picked was....in this case she would say it was the blue duvet. She knows this as it was after the original "item" of the red belt.
Hope that makes more sense now.

giggle drawers

Veteran (100+ posts)
we play black magic slightly differently. We play it so that the correct answer is the one after something black. For example, not the apple, not the fork, not the keyboard, not the (black) sock, yes its the pen. that make any sense?

sliceofrice

Veteran (100+ posts)
yes, lots of people do it the way giggle draws does. Hance the name Black magic.
When we have played we used anything so that people don't guess so easily.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
For black magic, we don't put things in the circle, we use anything in the room - it widens the scope, and makes it harder to work out.

Shaz W

Veteran (100+ posts)
many thanks for the link gonna try one of the games with my 30 guides tonight......wonder if that will keep them quiet as I am struggling with a sore throat hehehehe