• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Travel arrangements!

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
If Panda's happy to do the 5pm option I'll collect her and Smiley then. Would still have room for more if requried though.

Curly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Well it looks like i'm doing a 4pm run and Bagpuss the 5pm one so let me know if you change plans Snowy then i know who i'm picking up when

bagpuss

GuiderPlus
Lizzieloubee & snowy91, I can get u both in too. Could probably squeeze one more if required as I have a 7 seater but would need some room for the bags!

entropy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Gwen: I can get a direct train to reading from durham which would stop me having to change in london so if you let me know what time you will be leaving I can see if there's a good train for me if you don't mind giving me a lift? Also reading is near my parents so I can coincide a visit on the way back maybe!

Otherwise does someone have space for me from bristol? I'll organise trains around other people :)

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Gwen: I can get a direct train to reading from durham which would stop me having to change in london so if you let me know what time you will be leaving I can see if there's a good train for me if you don't mind giving me a lift? Also reading is near my parents so I can coincide a visit on the way back maybe!
I have a half day on the Friday so flexible when i head up to Bristol (thou was aiming to be on the move before it gets dark), so let me know what time train you are getting into Reading and ill meet you at the station, thou if i could coincide it with when im picking Loopy stuff up that would be good

i will be driving up from lands end on friday, but will be heading to bath to see my mum in hospital
before arriving at the site
if this helps anyone with transport.

Claratrix

Veteran (100+ posts)
I don't finish until 5 on Friday so will be getting the train up from plymouth at some time after 6. Will need to check train times but could somebody give me a lift from the station (will come into parkway) please? Probably around 8.30pm.

Thank you!

Clare

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm sure it won't be a problem Claratrix :)

BTW - Trainy people-when are your return trains booked for??? Do you need lifts?

Panda

Rainbow and Guide Guider, Co-DC
I'm the same - haven't booked a train but would like a lift to parkway again and can leave whenever really.

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
Is it easier to pick up from Bristol Parkway or Temple Meads? I can get to either on the Saturday morning. Also, what time are you likely to be getting up? I had thought I'd come straight from my "night on the streets", but I think that might get me there too early so I might go home first.

bagpuss

GuiderPlus
I don't finish until 5 on Friday so will be getting the train up from plymouth at some time after 6. Will need to check train times but could somebody give me a lift from the station (will come into parkway) please? Probably around 8.30pm.

Thank you!

Clare
I will be on site by then but can always pop back for you if you get noone coming by at the right sort of time.

Parkway's definitely easier Loopy, it's closer (12 minutes apartly by car)

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Is it easier to pick up from Bristol Parkway or Temple Meads? I can get to either on the Saturday morning. Also, what time are you likely to be getting up? I had thought I'd come straight from my "night on the streets", but I think that might get me there too early so I might go home first.
What time is 'too early'? There'll probably be some who haven't gone to bed!