• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Unit Helpers want to make promise

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
re promies

yes great idea make promies in front rainbow but Rainbow promies different to one I make but hope if see me do promies might rember there promies.
when go make help rainbow I speek guider we decide on break till after new year.
have look for girl guide handbook make promies again.

vicki

Veteran (100+ posts)
we have four unit helpers who have only just recently began helping us out. We were in desperate need for help as our brownie pack was increasing and is continuing to do so. So four mums stepped forward and when they agreed to come each week i actually asked them there and then would you mind wearing uniform of course they didnt mind. In fact one of the mums said that she would love to because it would make her feel like she belonged. We have got four badge tabs with promise badges, county and world badge metals ready for when they want to make their promise. We are kinda putting it back to the 23rd february or after this as we dont really want to pay for census for them as we do not really know how long they might stick it out with us.

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I got prombles I know want do promies but some parents say my Engish is rubish and few website not this one said oh not unit-helper with Rainbow guide with Engish like this
Now after get all remark I have second thought To serve the Queen and my country queen will be no promble but servie my country it going be hard to promies with having
remark like at what do think should do? yet won dog master award and Happy with at are jesuly? If do guide promies what should do?

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
change mind Think I will do guide promies or others will win like prove people wrong prove browine wrong saidwon't pass badge have load badge.

Orly

Veteran (100+ posts)
I got prombles I know want do promies but some parents say my Engish is rubish and few website not this one said oh not unit-helper with Rainbow guide with Engish like this
Now after get all remark I have second thought To serve the Queen and my country queen will be no promble but servie my country it going be hard to promies with having
remark like at what do think should do? yet won dog master award and Happy with at are jesuly? If do guide promies what should do?
Firstly, ignore the parents. If they wanted somebody who spoke perfect English to look after their kids - then they should be volunteering.

I'm guessing that you weren't born in the UK ? There's something in the manual about changing the promise to reflect that. It's something like:

I promise that I will do my best,
To love my god,
To serve the country I live in,
etc.

It's definately for people who are staying in the UK short term. I don't know if it can be used for people who have moved here permenently - but it's something you could look into, maybe ?

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I was born in uk but long storys when first born in uk spot in ear doctor thow was deef? spot in ear measle so brought markton sign lauage and use vocie because markton sign lauage you have use your voice as well always rember girl guide promies sign lauage promies and speek it prepread browines guidde did not know promies but just repart it but said never good browine guide never past badge or enroled ceficate now look me unit-helper of Rainbow guides. I join local broiwine then had move special browine and girl guides left guides 12 years then join youth red cross then adult red cross pass stand nursing and first aid but local red cross so join st john ambulance and Ranger guide but first aid work and Ranger holiday chose Ranger holiday instead finshed my first aid work off I did Ranger promies with guides and Ranger in woods( Bit dull there) won't realy want me do Ranger promies. Then left Ranger guides and St john ambulance but when 29 find out was half-deaf I had dyspraxia did not know what did with myself maybe if hear of unit-helper 18-65 years old might not done few things wrongs Then I had Eddie puppy was puppy miss him and he got out confidence back I living flat with Eddie and some teenage thow stone at door so send Eddie down to scare them but after move to another home and have another dog call DArcy MOTHER and son and enrolled going college become student rep and rest know sadly had rehome Eddie because got health and strong at can't cope now unit-helper of rainbow guide. I happy but some how wish was teacher Engish not markton then won't have this promble. Oh well all can is help other people at what going do help other people.

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I think would like do guide promies in front of Rainbow guides,yl and other unit-helper and guider but only one promble I don't think confince go in middle cricle do guide promies in front rainbow guides,yl and other unit-helper and guiders not got deel with weeknes over come so can do guide promies ( not good leader in furture which this promble lol) Now go on holiday HURRY

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
have fun on your holiday Yzz.
I didnt think I had the confidence to make my promise in front of other people but I managed it and Im sure you will do very well

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you very much I tell more about holiday when come back in off topic so have wait and see if enjoy holiday or was too scare go on night walk be afraid of dark and heghits just had wait and see.

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
ops press wrong key lol I back on Holiday did enjoy YES I went on bounce castle thought tunnel on bounce castle and polos and rope lap and side down all on bounce castle won't do again all on video.

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Wow, sounds like you had loads of fun!!!

::::wistfully thinks about jumping up and down on a bouncy castle now!::::

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you all very much for message I do want make promies in front of Rainbow guides but still new unit-helper so told me wait year reward can't wait at long so what decide do is write letter do trefoil guild not sure spell at right say I instead be member and willing do guide promies and in there uniform for there meeting but what happon if local Trefoild guide fall up can't join I just write letter see what can do?
Also want help with Rainbow 21 birthday local camp them princess but no leader no yl and uh can't go with leaders so look our rainbow guide won't able go and miss out greate half day at much be dispoint for then I do leader roll and might apply assit-guider because do anythings leader but only there assit leader with Rainbow but want more challege oh well Take one step at time see what happon in furture. maybe year timemight do unit-helper promies by time hopless know all girls names.lol or maybe not lol

Rugby Widow

Veteran (100+ posts)
Yzz,
If your unit isn't going to the Rainbow party, why not see if you can get involved with the team running it that day? They might be beyond the planning stage, but they may still appreciate an extra pair of hands to help out at the event.

Like you say, there is no harm in approaching the Trefoil Guild to see if you can have involvement there. Hopefully they'll have the sense to pick up on your enthusiasm. RW

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you very much for message because no leader can't make not even yl can make so look like miss out rainbow party.

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
because I be there myself and not leader and so rainbow unit can't go so dispoint for rainbow at me but all leader busy jobs and yl busy with college unless get summer holiday off