• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Unusual news stories

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)

JeanGenie

Guide Leader, County Adviser & Div Comm
GuiderPlus
"The man reportedly hid inside the top-loading machine so he could surprise his partner." - obviously him doing the washing wasn't going to be the surprise!

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not sure if it's genuine or a joke but the PSA for staying in school from West Australia, that's been making the rounds for the past two days . Anyone else seen it? I won't post the link as the ending may be a bit sensitive/ unsuitable.

It's certainly a "unique" way to encourage staying in school.

JeanGenie

Guide Leader, County Adviser & Div Comm
GuiderPlus
Bonuses and double points in the CS are reserved for people making major mistakes (I was in the CS for 30+ years so may be a tiny bit cynical ;) and mistakes isn't normally the word used!)

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Even though my employer is a corporate 'partner' for DofE, their only true consideration for corporate charitable involvement is fundraising or corporate days, clearing parks etc. There are four of us that are involved in Scouting and Guiding and we get 'not a lot' ie zilch for our volunteering. Which is fine, but I woud be sick as a dog if they 'sponsored' new volunteers and not existing ones...