• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What do UH wear

Tina Tulip

Rainbow Guider, Division Commisioner
I know. I can understand why they've done it to be honest, but there are some UH out there with hard-up units that can't afford to pay for them and that's why they're not members. Although, tbh, if a unit helper is coming to meetings and helping with planning why not go to into uniform and be a leader? I always try and rein them in this way when I've had a good UH and they usually stay!

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I would in furture would like be leader run special-unit for Rainbow guides but as unit-helper can't afford paid for me be member there won't able afford trainer as leader at sad so atmovment have unit-helper do my promies beside can't leader you need trainer at why yl so good leader when turn 18 years old become guider leader need know all Rainbow names rubish rember names be september till march so what would do as leader?

Tina Tulip

Rainbow Guider, Division Commisioner
I personally think that it's rude to ask someone to pay to be a volunteer - after all that's what it amounts to. But if someone said, I'd like to be a member, how much is it to join, then fair enough. Hope that makes sense.

I end up spending lots of my own money on the Rainbows and I have to pay a babysitter to look after my kids whilst I'm there, so I really wouldn't be chuffed if someone said I had to pay my own census too, but if that was the only way to stay a Guider, I would.

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
i think the membership is the same as payin census amount wise, your just included on the census numbers

correct me if im wrong

Rowan

Rainbow AG/Guide AG/Generally helpful
census is membership... but if UH's do want to pay for themselves then for goodness sakes let them!!! it's not wasted money... it all goes on admin for gguk they don't hoard it to annoy us!

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
before laptop battiies go almost did not make guide promies this week this happon before making guide promies I tell want happon to me today I plug in rechange and want backward but family notice NO went too work " only falt this happon tome no cares got elecation shock nobody care works more imporment smell burn now soswitch of plug use batties on computer this what have dyspraxia same adpton as plug in freeview box have buy not recond switch adpot off change freeview set-box to convessation till get adpton check out so shock all family gone out work think dosneek attion as brother birthday today so be invissable today. thankful God teacher first aid in past save life today hold newspaper and platic tables think going tell DELL OFF TODAY don't say any hings don't ruin in birthday any know how get rid burn smell in bed room alsmost did not make guide promies or leaderhsip quaffion in furture right off walk Darcy so shock can't believe family went off to work won'tbe on computer this check out too.I be do guide promies with young leaders this week. I now going drink cup tea "leave the plug darcy good girl" In fact tell hurry she go for walkies. so better gothank god still alive bt computer working again give dell most angery email when get rechange batties sort out.

I personally think that it's rude to ask someone to pay to be a volunteer - after all that's what it amounts to. But if someone said, I'd like to be a member, how much is it to join, then fair enough. Hope that makes sense.

I end up spending lots of my own money on the Rainbows and I have to pay a babysitter to look after my kids whilst I'm there, so I really wouldn't be chuffed if someone said I had to pay my own census too, but if that was the only way to stay a Guider, I would.
It may be an urban myth but I have been told that Trefoil will babysit regularly if you are running a meeting. I only learned this when I no longer needed it!

slee1981

Veteran (100+ posts)
Our unit helpers all have their own unit t-shirt which is an adult version on the girls one that we have made up using gift aid money. They are not wearing uniform but feel part of the unit. It is also helpful for trips as they can wear them to show they are with the girls.

I know my unit helpers like their t-shirts

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
done the guide promies

Thank you very much but done unit-helper guide promies in front of rainbow guides and young leader few more unit-helper i was nevers was worry about say wrong things lol. Goodluck all you now next year and do child care crouse leadership crouse and help rainbow guides hopeful browines guide look after dog and fake baby can do all in same year next year?so thank you for all your help.

Here's a question for you:
We have a UH at Rainbows who is a pre-warranted guide guider (so therefore has a uniform). Is she therefore allowed to wear uniform to Rainbows as she is classed as a member of GGUK - but as a guide guider, not a UH...

Pinkstar

Pre-Warrented adult leader and lovin it
in my humble opinion
UH wear the members badge, raspberry tab and member polo. or clothing of their own choice and the members badge, raspberry tab

but at 18 yourll be able to wear both the poloshirt and the hoodie :)
ooh ill look soooooo sexy wont i (sacrasm or not i cant decide:confused:)

Last edited:

yzz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Here two question for you first question
how do you create clip art of Rainbow guides? because done unit-helper website would like creatre my own Rainbow guides and guider wear wear necker and unit-helper wear her uniform.
second question post double post would like delete double post but don't wer post them now got find therd lol.
It back at college not looking forward to college.