• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? What is your Guide units fave game?

HanSeeingRed

Bananaface :oD
Staff member
GuiderPlus
a good ball game we played with Brownies a few times was head and catch, the Guider stood in the middle, called a girls name out followed by head or catch, then threw the ball towards them, they had to do the opposite of what she said, if they got it wrong they were out, got them thinking and the rest of the guiders joined in too (I don't do running!) (the secret was to stand with your hands behind your back until she said head then you don't just automatically catch it!)

sofa32

R/B/G/SS leader
Han, i remember that from when i was little :p
At guides we have played a throwing and caych game where everyone stands on a chair and then has to throw to somerone else and say their name (chairs randomly aroundt he room). We do variations like you are out if you don't catch the bal or getting it round the room the fastest.

HMSisME

Guide Leder to only disabled unit!
we dont do running either. try the key game big circle and a girl sits in the middle with a blindfold on. we normally sit on chairs, with keys under the chair of the one sitting in the middle. a girl is silently picked at random and they have to get the keys and sit back down, then the blindfolded person has to chose who as the keys. its amasing how guilty girls can look.

we also play pranks on new young leaders by passing the keys round and throwing the keys around the group before the blind fold is removed

0512vicky

Beginner (10+ posts)
We're having joint Brownies and Guides for a few weeks due to my other Guide leader being on maternity leave and these games have given me lots of new ideas for tonight where they can all join in. Thanks everyone!

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
My Brownies taught me fireball last week. Everyone stands in a circle and passes the ball around, if you throw it way off or don't catch it you have to collect the ball and give it to the next person before running around the circle trying to beat the ball back to your space. If the person before you can bounce the ball in your space before you get there you have to sit out until someone gets out and then you can stand up and join in again.
They also like newpaper hockey as it involves lots of shouting and hitting(the puck) and pirates as it involves stealing! All the traits we try to encourage!LOL!

Chapman89

Veteran (100+ posts)
we had a few incidents with ladders yet the girls loved it soo we created tunnels. same principle only team A creates a tunnel with their legs standing with feet apart in single file parallel with team B then the pairs one from A and B are each given a number when their number is called they have to get on their hands and knees and crawl through the legs of their team (the tunnels).

RMT

Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
we had a few incidents with ladders yet the girls loved it soo we created tunnels. same principle only team A creates a tunnel with their legs standing with feet apart in single file parallel with team B then the pairs one from A and B are each given a number when their number is called they have to get on their hands and knees and crawl through the legs of their team (the tunnels).
would love to try it this way our girls loved ladders, just a shame our girls are all different hights dont think it would work with them but may try a nother way :)

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
"Guider wants" - like an indoor scavenger hunt but in teams
"Skinning the snake" is fun - get into teams, smallest at back, tallest at front, all stand facing forwards. Open legs. Put left hand through your own legs. With your right hand get hold of the hand of the person in front. On the whistle, the person at the back starts crawling through the tunnel made by everyone's legs. They should not let go of each other's hands!!! So everyone ends up crawling through. It's very funny to watch too.
Once you're good at it, you can try tallest at the back (much harder) or a single long line of everyone