• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

5 min chocolate cake at G2G2

in the 50,000 post thread we were talking about food and stuff and cake, and i suggester maybe we could bring ingredients with us, between the attendees to make these over the weekend if we felt like it,

the ingrediants and instructions are

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dryingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (ifusing) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in he microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will riseover the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little,and tip out onto a plate if desired.

if you would like to join in, yell and write down what you would bring, just remember we need to spread it between every one, and have enough for every one, so may be more than one person can bring something? i can't remember how many people are attending off the top of my head!

hopefully its not plastic cups and there is a microwave, maybe one of the organisers might be able to confirm this so we can check if we can go ahead with this or not?

Genius idea sparkley

There have been suggestions that a mug might be enough to share between 2 or 3 people.

Put me down for 1 pot/tub thingy of coco.

i will check through this list on friday morning at work, and anything that has not been covered i will pick up on my way home, before leaving for G2G, although i am sure everything will be covered, i will post a final amount of what is being brought on the thursday evening (depending on when i get back from guides)/or friday morning, so we don't end up with 100's of eggs

this seems to have come to a grounding halt, any one else want to offer to bring anything at present with have flour and cocoa. We won't be making much with that at the moment, and also do any of the organizers know if there is a microwave at the location we can use? I am only guessing there maybe

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
microwave.....i have absolutely no idea! sorry! If anyone would know it would be JayJay so i'll ask her :)

S

Shona

Happy to bring milk - should be able to pick some up on the way to Woking to meet Sparkly!! :) Would a couple of litres be enough???

jayjay

Guide and Ranger Guider
Guys, I'm sorry - I don't actually know if there is a microwave or not!

When I went to visit the centre, there was a Cub holiday in full swing and it was lunch time - so I wasn't able to actually go into the kitchen, though I did peek through the hatch and noticed that it was well stocked looking and the warden did mention that there was a dishwasher.... so the chances are that there is a microwave, but I can't promise, sorry!

I was also unable to go into the actual bedrooms (due to the fact that they were full of cubs!) but I do know that there are bunk beds, the rooms sleep between 2 and 8 people, and we have to provide our own pillows/sheet/duvet or sleeping bag. TBH I'd rather use my own anyway.

We have a games room, hall, camping field, bedrooms, toilets and showers, kitchen and lounge with armchairs and telly until Sunday mid-morning when a lot of little boys turn up for a Beaver Day!

I'm going to make the choc cakes with my Rangers tonight, will let you know how it goes - hopefully it will keep them sweet for planning the rest of the term!