• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

A new badge?

Lizzieloubee

Veteran (100+ posts)
I was chatting to a few people about this yesterday. I won't be making my promise on 20:10 20/10 2010 but I really really want a badge. I guess there must be others (Jim, Baldrick and other men, UH's and other promise objectors!) in my boat. Sooo, if this applies to you or anyone you know, would you be interested in having an "I was there" badge? They would be enamel - a bit special, a bit different and no sewing!! I would also be happy to sell them to people who can make their promise.

I really like Littlerainbow's design and hopefully it will be possible to make it into a badge. If you can't see it PM me and I can e-mail it to you.

Right the prices are in!! Its going to be £2.55 for an enamel and £1.62 for a cloth, a little more expenisve since its only going to be a small order! These are cost prices - no profit being made.

Paid
93Darwin
Adder
Andrea
Baggie
Becks
Berrygood
Bizzilizzie
Bookworm_Nat123
BridgetKate
Caitsmum04
Catdrew
Cazbly
Cerys80
ChrisA
Crazy Chilly
Curlywurly
Dawn07
Dizzibubba
EagleOwl88
ElfOwl
Girlyguider
GKenny2000
HLJBZ
Hockyaddict123
Jane Thin
Jennthefunkyranger
Jess
Kookabura
Lisa MTT
LittleA
Littleowllou
Littlerainbow
Loopy
Mmwwaahh211
Mnidubhuir
Mummy6
Nain
Nikifm
Party Owl
Penney
RMT
Sal.Turner
Sandra100
Sazzy
Simba
Sleepy
Snowy Pink Owl
Snowy.Owl
Sofa32
Sundetsongbird
Ta-dah
UKLucy
Yorkielass
Hev_1998

Not paid

AmyGroov3
Boontownrats
Charmedone100
Figgy
Jennifer
Kate Blair
Kitty Wilkinson (on it’s way)
Lesley Roberts
Owly Brown
Phoebe123
Penguin Loz
Pompey_Ranger
Porthmadog Tawney
Sarahjayne19
Secret Guider
Sleepysmurf
Snowdrop101
Squirrel
Tinkerbelly
Vicki78

Please post if I've missed you, or got you in the wrong list!

Still time for more orders if anyone else would like some

Attachments

Last edited:

Little Pixie Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I may be interested. I'll hopefully be with a new unit in a completely different area by then; so don't know their plans for the day and whether i'll miss out on tickets, etc. Though I've got my name down for a Vision event back home and understand its importance, I'm not certain it's worth an 8hr train journey each way!
How come you won't be able to make yours?

sofa32

R/B/G/SS leader
Yeah, i'm sure i'm one of many who would like one of the badges you will be making :)
(design one up then lizzie :D)
I will be making my promise but would love another badge.

Little Pixie Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
or something to do with world guiding/thinking of everyone else taking part? (or is that too similar to Thinking Day??)
But I'm sure most people on here would be up for another badge, they seem to be never-ending creations.

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Even though I will be making my promise (I decided, after a lot of consideration, to reclassify myself as agnostic instead of aethist after reading other people's opinions and realising that 'god' doesn't have to be the image that everyone assumes, but again, I don't want any debate on that!), I'd like one anyway, as I will still be attending

I had a discussion about this with Ben before, and I do think that your badge is a good idea. I know some places have been thinking about giving the metal centenary badge to people attending not making their promise, but as most of those will already be in Guiding they'll probably already have one, and it's not the same.

uklucy

Regular (50+ posts)
Just been looking at two design and boh look good i like the pink little more but could have the bottom one bend round like the top one is?

Caitsmum04

Mum-Guider-Teacher-general dogsbody!
I'd like one for my smallest daughter, who by default of having a Guider for a Mum and a Rainbow and Guide for sisters has probably been more invovled with the Centenary events round us than anyone!
Unfortunately, as she's only 2 (will be 3 by the finale) she isn't able to make her promise either, but I could add it to her collection for when she's older! :)

Unfortunately I can't see either designs so I can't coment... but heh, she's 2, she LOVES pink! Hee Hee!
AM