• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Activities

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
Hi all

There are no on site activities as such at Caeglas but we have arranged for the local county outdoors team to run a full scale pioneering session for us. They are leaders like us who give up their time to train guiders and girls in outdoor skills. Although they are not asking to be paid, the organisers thought it would be nice to put together a donation, therefore this activity will cost £2 each.

We are also arranging a trip to St Fagan's, museum of welsh life. Again, this is free, apart from parking, so we are asking everyone for £1 to cover parking charges.

www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/stfagans

Please can you post below if you are interested in either activity so we can gauge numbers.

Smiley

blue_dreamer

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi all
We are also arranging a trip to St Fagan's, museum of welsh life. Again, this is free, apart from parking, so we are asking everyone for £1 to cover parking charges.
Unless you're the person with me in the car and get to park in a disabled space ;) (I'll remember to bring my badge this time...) I effing LOVE St Fagans.

somertonguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
Don't want to put a damper on your trip but have just googled St Fagans because I had never heard of it and ---- indoor galleries are closed to build new exhibition spaces and the celtic village is closed to prepare the site for a new eco friendly exhibition. It does look a good place to go though.

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Don't want to put a damper on your trip but have just googled St Fagans because I had never heard of it and ---- indoor galleries are closed to build new exhibition spaces and the celtic village is closed to prepare the site for a new eco friendly exhibition. It does look a good place to go though.
Be reassured, there is a LOT more to St Fagans than just those areas, so although disappointing, there will still be LOADS to see :) I haven't been in years, must go again soon. Darn working in retail and not being able to get time off for the g2g...

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
The gallery was one of the worst bits anyway. There is a bakery with amazing cheesy bread, a pottery where you can have a go, these a cafe for afternoon tea and a shop with traditional welsh produce, numerous building from history including the 1980's and a horse and cart.

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
Cannot tell you until nearer the time prob won't do outdoor activities but not sure how my walking/sitting will be.

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
I'd be up for both. I also have a 7 seater car and would be happy to drive to St Fagan's if that would be helpful. We took the Guides a couple of years ago and it was a great day out. I agree, the gallery part isn't worth bothering with anyway so no loss that being closed!!

I'd like to go to St Fagan's. not bothered about doing the pioneering.

I also have a 6 or 7 seater car (depends if I have all the seats in lol) so I'm happy to drive to the place, as long as someone knows where to go to give me directions.

Dolphin-Brownie

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'd like to do St Fagans - depending on how I'm feeling I might retire to a coffee shop and wait for everyone else to finish if I'm too tired to walk all the way around

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I wasn't too keen on the idea of the museum, but after reading other people's comments, it sounds like it's a good place to visit, so I'd be up for it. Dolphin Brownie, I'll join you if I'm struggling too

I'd also like to do pioneering, but that depends on how co-operative my body is feeling on the day.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
St Fagan's sounds good! Not fancying the pioneering though :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Brandie

Veteran (100+ posts)
um I don't know anything about either of them, so I guess I'll say yes to both and you can all laugh at me cos I have a feeling I'll seriously struggle with pioneering!
everyone near me except me seems to visit St Fagans so it'd be nice to know what they are all talking about :)
and to err776 I have no clue but I'll have to use my satnav to get to the g2g so you're welcome to borrow that

Snowy/Boozle

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not sure what pioneering is, but up for trying anything (well almost anything!) so put me down for both please!!

Can you also put Barney03 down for both?

Thanks!