• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Activities

Purpleellen1976

Guide Guider and mad woman
GuiderPlus
Making things out of poles (logs, broom handles, telegraph poles- extreme but have done it etc) and rope.

Lots of knots, but you can make swings and all sorts of stuff.

Eleri25

Regular (50+ posts)
Oh dear- I only know 1 knot and 1 bend!! And it took me an entire night of guiding traditions to do them!! Although I can now do the flag by myself hehe!

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I wasn't too keen on the idea of the museum, but after reading other people's comments, it sounds like it's a good place to visit, so I'd be up for it. Dolphin Brownie, I'll join you if I'm struggling too

I'd also like to do pioneering, but that depends on how co-operative my body is feeling on the day.
The museum is made up of lots of old buildings set up as they would have been in years gone by. A popular one is a set of terraces which go through the years from 50s through to the 80s. It's honestly really interesting, although I do think you'd need to take extra cotton wool - there are steps into buildings and low doorways and we know how accident prone you can be... ;)

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
oops, forgot to say as I haven't been online for a while, but I'd be interested in both :)