1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

age of girls and join us

Discussion in 'GO Streamline Help' started by legallyblonde, Sep 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Beginner (10+ posts)

So, I'm a bit confused with join us. I had 2 new girls start this week who both came through join us. One of them is Guide age (i.e over 10) the other one doesn't turn 10 until next week (so not a massive problem I know).

Just for future reference, does join us allow you to put your daughter down for a group even though shes not yet old enough? I didn't really check the ages as i thought this wouldn't happen, so obviously will check in future.

Also, just a quick question - do you still use the starting guides forms, or has join us meant these are no longer necessary?

Thanks

2. IvyN

IvyN Veteran (100+ posts)

Yes it does. I've several younger siblings on there for my brownies. I mark them as 'waiting to join, not old enough for section'.

And yes, you still need to use the starting forms to get a signature of consent from parents and confirmation of their details (in case they've moved while on the waiting list).

3. JJJJ1980

JJJJ1980 Brownie Leader x 3

Once the girls have a membership number you can print the forms with most of their details filled in. Parents then check it, add photo permissions, emergency contact, gift aid etc, sign and return. I usually give this out the second week once I have transferred them to Go!

4. Pixielation

Pixielation Brown Owl (x2)

Which seriously annoys me - their first week is when I want to hand them the starting leaflet! We should be able to print that out from join us.

5. SnowyOwl Sam

SnowyOwl Sam Regular (50+ posts)

Same here for me, just remember it takes overnight to issue a Go membership number in order to run the report. Easiest way to check all details and issue a Gift Aid form.