1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? Anyone off to Sangam next year?

Discussion in 'Girlguiding Midlands' started by sophierh, Jul 9, 2015.

1. sophierh

sophierh (Newbie)

Hey,

Just trying to find some more people off to Sangam with Girlguiding Midlands and also wondering what you're doing to fundraise?

Sophie :D

2. *gwen*

*gwen* GIC Guide/SS GuiderPlus

There is nothing stopping anyone doing personal fundraising for a trip i.e car boot sales, raffles etc. They only thing that may have been stated is the county/region etc might not give any grants as everyone would want one and there wouldn't be enough in the budget for this

3. EmStar

EmStar Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

I'm going and I've paid my deposit. :) Have you heard from the trip leader yet? Other than eating a lot of beans to save money I'm not going to be actively fundraising. We've got quite a lot of girls in our area going on international trips and fundraising and I don't want to get in the way of their efforts for an adult trip. Hopefully once I've been on this I'll be more confident to try to take girls away internationally as I'm not personally very well travelled. I'm really excited.

4. sophierh

sophierh (Newbie)

Hey! No I haven't heard anything yet either, only had the letter so far. I've been told we can fundraise...

5. EmStar

EmStar Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Your badge to fundraise on another thread looks great! When we hear from the trip leader it might make a good badge for our trip as well as for your fundraising :) I'm not against fundraising for it at all, I just know we've had a lot of fundraising in our division recently and more coming up I don't think I'd get a local opportunity.
    Its great to hear from someone else who is going.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

6. sophierh

sophierh (Newbie)

aw thank you!! that's understandable, it's hard being a student and having to raise so much money!

7. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I'm not going, but another Guider from my unit is.

8. fjones

fjones (Newbie)

I'm going on an international service trip next year too, although not Sangam. Came along to see what fundraising ideas people have, as I'm still in that predicament too.

The fundraising ideas I have had so far are:
    Events
    Raffles
    Stamp collecting (although I can't imagine this will be very successful)
    easyfundraising/easysearch
    prize draws
    Quiz sheets

We are looking to do a badge too, and I was wondering how many people would recommend ordering when designing?

9. plumxo.

plumxo. Regular (50+ posts)

Just been offered a place on the trip. Do you all know someone on it/roughly how old everyone is going? x

10. dclu

dclu (Newbie)

Soft Toy Tombolas are really good - get all your friends to sort out their old soft toys then if you get a lot you can do a prize every time. Just label all the toys with either names or numbers and put the corresponding names or numbers in a bucket. We recently did one, had 185 toys charged £1 a go prize every time and raised £185 in one afternoon.