1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone running First Aid courses?

Discussion in 'Girlguiding Anglia' started by yakuzakittty, Mar 15, 2016.

1. yakuzakittty

yakuzakittty Georgie

Hi all,

I and some others in my county (Bedfordshire) are looking at taking part in Walking Scheme weekends later in the year, both as part of our QG and for leisure, not to mention gaining Level 2 in the scheme. One of the requirements is a first aid qualification involving 16+ hours of training. These are hard to come by! My employer is happy to send me on a basic first aid course but this only lasts 1 day, and booking oneself onto the longer courses individually is expensive.

I was wondering if any units or counties were planning on doing some longer first-aid training who might welcome one or two extras along if they pay their share?

2. SnowyOwl Sam

SnowyOwl Sam Regular (50+ posts)

Hi, I think Dunstable division are looking at First Aid courses for April...

3. SnowyOwl Sam

SnowyOwl Sam Regular (50+ posts)

...ah but these would only be the standard one day for leaders. Sorry, not much help!

4. OrangeOwl

OrangeOwl Veteran (100+ posts)

Remote First Aid

You'll be needing one of these: they are not cheap but do get cheaper if more of you are on the course. Speak to your walking assessor and see who else needs this and then maybe you can all do it together?

5. guiderlinda

guiderlinda Veteran (100+ posts)