1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone thinking about buying tickets for the olympics !!!?????

Discussion in 'Olympics 2012' started by brownowlbev, Mar 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Yorkielass

Yorkielass Brownie Guider and soon to be Guide GIC

Yes you have to apply by 26th April, money taken in May and you'll hear what for in June. As you say far too early.

2. emmaluvseeyore

emmaluvseeyore Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant

You may be able to buy some off the resell website there is supposedly going to be next year.

The total of mine came to £400, which I don't think is too bad. I put down one thing (can't remember what it was now) to see on my birthday, but it was £20 for only 45 minutes!!! Got rid of that one pretty sharpish!

3. RainbowC

RainbowC Brownie Leader

That sounds more realistic! :)

4. Kiwi26

Kiwi26 Senior Section Member & ACSL GuiderPlus

We want to go. My fiance's a hockey player and my Mum, Dad and Me play badminton. Would love to see archery too!

5. Kiwi26

Just put our application in..........
    Anyone else think the ticket prices are a bit ouchy?? (admitedly we don't have to travel as far as some, so that's not so bad)

6. snowy91

snowy91 Fully warranted Brownie Guider

would so apply if i knew what i'd be doing next summer....but seeming as i have no idea as i'll have just graduated then i can't reallty warrant the money now! yes i could sell them but it'd just be a complete waste of my energy etc

7. Kiwi26

We've just gone for weekend events. Doubt we'll get them though

8. JaneTawny

JaneTawny Brownie Guider and Ranger Guider

I've applied for the diving because of Tom Daly, rowing, all 3 days of the 3 day eventing, and also the opening ceremony, asked for the cheapest for all of them.

9. tinabr

tinabr Regular (50+ posts)

I have applied for tickets to the womens football in Cardiff for my Brownies as we could get there on the train from Somerset - not willing to take them to London even thought the road races are free! I have ordered 30, paid a pound per girls age in July 2012 for the Brownies I have now, and made up with adult tickets. If we are lucky enough to be drawn I have worked on the assumption that should the girls I have now not want to go, then I will take the new Brownies that join us over the year. Our total only came to £320, which I thought was very reasonable for a once in a lifetime event!

10. Sam_30

Sam_30 Beginner (10+ posts)

I've been to the Olympics in Atlanta in America in 1996 it was such a fab experience, I would have liked to have gone to the Olympics in this country but I doubt we will be going this time.