• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Are any geocachers coming to the G2G?

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Hi all
I was wondering whether any geocachers (preferably from the S!) were coming to the G2G?
My friend has a travel bug that wants to get to the south. I'll bring it with me anyway.

cerys80

Brownie Leader
Hi, I'm in Surrey and interested in doing geocaching, went on a leaders training where we did a bit but I couldn't get the app to work on my phone since to have a go :( Anyway, I'd be happy to place it if you could show me how to use my app properly to locate where you want it placed ?

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Thanks guys....I've just found out though that my friend has dropped it in a cache in the city centre, forgetting I'd said I'd bring it next weekend...oops! Hopefully one of us may get a chance to visit the cache to retrieve it before then, but no promises.

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
I ahve never done Geocaching, but would be intrested in tagging along if there are any near by and it fits in with the program :D

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I can't help KB since I'm no further south, but I'm more than happy to go caching - not had time for ages, and I've got a few TBs that need moving on
Yup, happy for a caching-related stroll if we can find a suitable gap between planned activities :D

Ok scary if it requires being taught :D
We kidnapped Becca and introduced her to geocaching at the last G2G without scaring her too much, you will be fine :D

maz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Ive asked for a GPS for Christmas. So, looking forward to starting with local ones in New Year. Its great fun, we did it with brownies how stayed over for a few night at a Guide camp.

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
I'll see if I can print off a couple of maps, along with a list of hints! It would be good to get out, and if necessary we could take torches, just in case we're not quite back when it's getting dark....

ScareyClarey

Recently Qualified Brownie Leader
GuiderPlus
Had a look earlier and there are a fair few around, lots are premium only though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk