• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Are any geocachers coming to the G2G?

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
What makes it premium?
When you sign up to the geocaching website (that tells you where all the caches are) you get a free, basic membership, but some people choose to pay to upgrade to a premium account which lets them access extra caches and website features :) So to be able to download the details for the premium caches you need to be a paid up member.

Similar idea to Guider+ on here!

ScareyClarey

Recently Qualified Brownie Leader
GuiderPlus
Thats true, you can't access the page, so wouldn't be able to log the finds. But it might give a good intro into caching, and the actual finding of the caches. Think you'd have to drive to do a few non-premium ones

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
We have sorta 'scheduled' about 1.5 hours on Saturday afternoon, for geocaching if people want to go! (they won't miss out on anything during that time!)

Don't supose theres any cool night ones nearby like at G2G9? That was fun!

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
We have sorta 'scheduled' about 1.5 hours on Saturday afternoon, for geocaching if people want to go! (they won't miss out on anything during that time!)

Don't supose theres any cool night ones nearby like at G2G9? That was fun!
Except you kept us all awake when you got back!

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Thanks becca.
There's the Dr O series we can do - a loop of a couple of miles going past the site.
I'll have maps with the cache details.
See you all later!

Chocolate Moose

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
An ideas how I MIGHT be able to log the caches - not a premium member....
you can log premium caches if you arent a premium member. go to the cache on the map, zoom out to the point where the premium caches show (they disappear for me if i zoom in too far) click on the cache, and it will bring up the normal speech bubble thing, it wont let you go to the cache page but if you click the little 'log visit' link at bottom right, it lets you log them. hope this makes sense :p

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
I'll post a list of GC codes - probably tomorrow. Yesterday we started at Danger and went round to No Bait Required (which wasn't a Dr O cache) We didn't attempt the Weir one.

ice

Veteran (100+ posts)
cool will try that

Clare - do you have the photo of the TB i Dropped earlier - Its not logged at mo and cant find it :(