• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Baden Powell Adventure Weekends

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Edinburgh will have an adventure in January, going to New Lanark. It isn't clear yet whether there would be spaces for Guides from outwith the area, but if there was interest I could enquire.

Do the folk on this topic add details because they are BP co-ordinators or because they know about them?

I've recently been appointed the BP person for Cheshire Forest and have been tasked with organising 3 adventures next year as well as divisions putting their own on. However my difficulty at the moment is finding out what BPs would like, and trying to keep costs down.

We have an Afloat organised for Jubilee weekend already with boats booked - I will offer places out of county when I can't fill anymore places but we will need to keep it within Region as well because of the costs and distance involved.

Ive got various ideas ... but the ideas aren't marrying up with accommodation and what else to do besides the main theme.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Do the folk on this topic add details because they are BP co-ordinators or because they know about them?

I've recently been appointed the BP person for Cheshire Forest and have been tasked with organising 3 adventures next year as well as divisions putting their own on. However my difficulty at the moment is finding out what BPs would like, and trying to keep costs down.

We have an Afloat organised for Jubilee weekend already with boats booked - I will offer places out of county when I can't fill anymore places but we will need to keep it within Region as well because of the costs and distance involved.

Ive got various ideas ... but the ideas aren't marrying up with accommodation and what else to do besides the main theme.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
I'm a Division Link Guider - our County has a BP Co-ordinator, each of the 10 Divisions (should) have a link Guider. Their job is to help the co-ordinator with planning and running Adventures, keep in touch with units so they have an idea of how many Guides will be looking for an adventure, and pass them details of adventures when they become available. We usually have 2 Adventures a year, and link with a neighbouring county which also has 2 Adventures, in different months. We usually have around 40 Guides on each Adventure. Happy to share details of what we've done in recent years if it would help with inspiration.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Have now got more info on the Edinburgh one, and it looks like, unusually, there may be spare spaces. Price is £65, dates are 13-15 January, PM me for a copy of the forms (which are due in by Saturday 10th Dec if poss).

I am looking for a BP Weekend in the North West, North East and possibly Scotland for 4 girls in January/February 2012. We also have 6 girls who will be ready in April-ish time and 5 girls starting in January.

Try Waddow - they have one in January.

Im the new BP co-ordinator for Cheshire Forest. I have a BP planned for the early part of 2012 but no definite date yet. The most that I could take for the one adventure will be 24. I'm looking at the Hall tomorrow.

I've also got a BP Afloat on the Jubilee weekend too. Will be taking 15 girls on 2 boats. What I do need are guide activity leaders x 2 but I need them from Cheshire Forest preferably. If interested, please pm me and i can put you our "interested list".

Cheers

I have just confirmed a BP Adventure in Cheshire Forest.
However, I can offer 6 places to counties outside Cheshire Forest.
The cost would be £50
The Barn at Guy's Farm Lancaster
10-12th February
Theme - Dragon Quest

Girls must have completed the challenge or anything from 8 plus completed

Please pm me for expressions of interest and which county.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Now confirmed that the one to New Lanark has had it's deadline extended to 21 December due to lower than expected take-up, so applications from anywhere in the UK would be welcome!

Lynneth

Veteran (100+ posts)
North West England adventures - July or before?

Hi

Does anyone know of adventures in North West England before July? I have seven completing which means I have to find at least two adventures. Three girls are ready to go now (already complete or nearly complete).

Thanks!

Lynn

roving_guider

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm organising an adventure for Cambs East, travelling to Birmingham for a weekend, staying overnight at Trefoil House 21st-22nd April. I've attached the flyers, girls could meet the group in Cambridgeshire on along our travel route (A14) or in Birmingham.

Attachments

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
Leeds County have one weekend after next closing date 16th March, they really need some more applicants, I know the date is near but if anyone can make it I'm pretty sure they will be eternally gratefully for more numbers, room for 24 but only 9 signed up so far.

Attachments

RainbowC

Brownie Leader
I'm organising an adventure for Cambs East, travelling to Birmingham for a weekend, staying overnight at Trefoil House 21st-22nd April. I've attached the flyers, girls could meet the group in Cambridgeshire on along our travel route (A14) or in Birmingham.
Can't open a docx - any chance of saving it as a .doc and trying again? :)

sari

pre-warranted GiC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Cool, my daughter has just started her bp... and to think I started at brownies when she was a Rainbow to stop it closing. :D

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Cool, my daughter has just started her bp... and to think I started at brownies when she was a Rainbow to stop it closing. :D
My dd has just finished her BP and starting SS after Easter. I started the GUide unit because there was no Guides, and Brownies had been so good for her (she is not very good socially)

The Guides I have coming up from Brownies after Easter were in Rainbows then!!!